Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hodgson hasn't quit. Not Yet. Not Ever!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭thebullkf

d22ontour wrote: »
    If this forum had a whoosh smiley i would respond with it, lol.
    Who considered managing you in the summer ? I even know the answer.Nobody would even look at the job with the current owners lol.Now is not then.Why does who i support matter when i say Hodgson shouldn't be your manager.
    /whoosh smiley lol.

:D

as i said, check out the pool forum.

i dinna care really who you support, twas just asking-your refusal to answer speaks volumes.

majority of pool fans ain't in a whooshy,smiley mood currently.:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

thebullkf wrote: »
    as i said, check out the pool forum.

i dinna care really who you support, twas just asking-your refusal to answer speaks volumes.

majority of pool fans ain't in a whooshy,smiley mood currently.:P

Am a United fan but i said that as since before i replied to you i changed my sig, and seeing as you have a sig i presumed you had sigs enabled so seeing MUFC in someones sig.... :pac:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

His signings have been pretty awful, (If they were his) with perhaps the exception of Meireles who should be decent for Liverpool. Poulsen is a donkey, pure and simple, offers nothing going forward and not much better in defence.

The much lauded Joe Cole is a disgrace, really hasn't performed in the last year. So glad Chelsea shipped him out. Had a chance to rejuvenate his career and has offered nothing so far. I think Liverpool should ship out the dead weight in January such as Maxi and Babel for a start and give the likes of Pacheco, Shelvey, Kelly and Spearing the opportunity. Its not as if they can do any worse.

Need a huge clear out at the end of the season. If those mentioned above are still there, get rid and you can add Konchesky, Poulsen, Jovanović and Kyrgiakos to that list, all sub par players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

He just signed a bunch of work horses with pretty awful technical ability.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭thebullkf

Am a United fan but i said that as since before i replied to you i changed my sig, and seeing as you have a sig i presumed you had sigs enabled so seeing MUFC in someones sig.... :pac:

I can't see your sig...or me own for that matter....

• Advertisement

The much lauded Joe Cole is a disgrace, really hasn't performed in the last year. So glad Chelsea shipped him out.

One day the penny will drop that english players at the top level are pretty shíte.Why they even went for him i will never know...

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

One day the penny will drop that english players at the top level are pretty shíte.Why they even went for him i will never know...

That's a pretty broad sweeping statement in all fairness and I'm not sure I'd agree with that. There are plenty of English players that perform extremely well for their club, but perhaps not for their country, but that might have a lot to do with the current managerial situation of the national team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

If this forum had a whoosh smiley i would respond with it, lol.
    Who considered managing you in the summer ? I even know the answer.Nobody would even look at the job with the current owners lol.Now is not then.Why does who i support matter when i say Hodgson shouldn't be your manager.
    /whoosh smiley lol.

:D

The stupidity was changing manager at that time. We were never going to get a top class manager at that time. I think the Board actually thought they could, which explains a lot of what Rafa was up against, people with delusions of grandeur and a lot of fans suffered it too, Mourinho being touted by a few! LOL

We are now in a different scenario as you say. We don't need a caretaker, safe pair of hands owner now.

The next 5 games, if he gets that long, will be the final nail in his coffin. I'd be surprised if we get more than 7 points.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

Lukker- wrote: »
    He just signed a bunch of work horses with pretty awful technical ability.

In fairness Cole and Mereiles aren't that.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

What I hate and I mean hate with a passion is that we start games playing deep, letting teams come on to us and we cant handle it. If we havent conceded in the first half we are doing well. Then our approach come second half is completely different. We're attacking, setting the pace and creating chances.

Why doesnt he start the games with that approach?

We could put alot of teams to the sword if we didnt start games so defensivly.

Also, if the players had any backbones they would **** Hodgsons tactics out the window and play how they should play.

• Advertisement

That's a pretty broad sweeping statement in all fairness and I'm not sure I'd agree with that. There are plenty of English players that perform extremely well for their club, but perhaps not for their country, but that might have a lot to do with the current managerial situation of the national team.

You are a chelsea fan so if i said Cole was the only world class English player you have then you would respond with drivel which would get me banned if i responded so i will leave you in your world of quality english world class players. ;)
    K-9 wrote: »
    The stupidity was changing manager at that time. We were never going to get a top class manager at that time. I think the Board actually thought they could, which explains a lot of what Rafa was up against, people with delusions of grandeur and a lot of fans suffered it too, Mourinho being touted by a few! LOL

We are now in a different scenario as you say. We don't need a caretaker, safe pair of hands owner now.

The next 5 games, if he gets that long, will be the final nail in his coffin. I'd be surprised if we get more than 7 points.

I think Masch was going regardless of who was manager so i really think you are over estimating the influence Rafa would have swayed regarding his previous seasons standing.Maybe Torres would have wanted out too if the style of play stayed the same ???So Rafa would have the same financial backing but lost another 2 world class players.
    Your league standing would be how much higher ?Top 4 was easy until a challenge presented itself then you finished 7th...

Maybe just maybe he wasn't capable of the challenge ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

beardo81 wrote: »
    Really? Let's have some comparisons then, just for the craic...

i dont get what youre asking?

both mid table premiership clubs

maybe sunderland have a bit more money to spend, but we dont know how much liverpool's new owners will invest. im honestly not sure what youre trying to get at? liverpools legacy doesnt count for much right now, so i wish people would stop talking about it

its the here and now that matters, ask notts forest supporters

I think Masch was going regardless of who was manager so i really think you are over estimating the influence Rafa would have swayed regarding his previous seasons standing.Maybe Torres would have wanted out too if the style of play stayed the same ???So Rafa would have the same financial backing but lost another 2 world class players.
    Your league standing would be how much higher ?Top 4 was easy until a challenge presented itself then you finished 7th...

Maybe just maybe he wasn't capable of the challenge ?

Rafa met many challenges during his time, improving the league position, great record in Europe etc. Funds dried up and only in the last season did the team suffer, when Spurs and City spent big. Hell, IIRC, Sunderland spent more.

Masch had a high regard for Rafa, there was rumours he was going to Inter but Rafa had no money to spend after Jose spent it all.

Torres, I'm not so sure. It appears Gerrard and Carra were the big movers. Torres gave an interview saying his big concern was basically promises had been made by the Board re players and they hadn't been delivered on. That was his main concern. Torres, Reina and Agger seem to be the ones now not happy with Roys system with Gerrard and Carra willing to give him to Xmas, so I don't know about that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

In terms of the debates with Helix of who from Villa would or wouldn't get into the Liverpool team, a couple of years ago, if i was having that debate with him, i would say 'head off, Helix. Nobody from Villa would'.

But let's face facts. Who's our left back?? Paul Konchesky!!!! That's we are at the moment.

That's the kind of nonsense our previous Yanks left us with.

Hopefully, the new Yanks do better.

Hopefully!

Helix wrote: »

maybe sunderland have a bit more money to spend, but we dont know how much liverpool's new owners will invest. im honestly not sure what youre trying to get at? liverpools legacy doesnt count for much right now, so i wish people would stop talking about it

That is rather silly tbh.

Of course the legacy matters. Why else did they pay £300 Million for the club?

Because they think they might make money ?

Because they think they might make money ?

Exactly, the "brand" in business parlance, offers huge potential.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,021 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Gerrard is playing reasonably well actually, an improvement on last season, but to me Mereiles should be given a go there and move Gerrard into the hole.
    Why would you move a player thats playing well? That makes no sense.
    Wont happen though as Cole and Gerrard are getting were they want to play and he wont face up to them. Playing your marquis signing, Mereiles, out of position makes no sense to me!
    Have you a contact in the Liverpool locker room or is this surmising?
    We lost Masch and he replaces him with Poulsen. Everybody knows we have an aging squad and he goes and loans out Insua and Acquilani and buys Poulsen and Konchesky and gets Cole on loan. Nonsenical! He didn't get all the Masch money but got a big chunk of it and spent it poorly IMO.
    Hang on a minute, Poulsen was bought long before Mascherano was sold. How do you make out he was a replacement for him? It was Mereiles that they bought after Mascherano was sold.
    Who is the Cole they got on loan? They signed Joe Cole, a deal I believe was in place before Hodgson got there or am I wrong about that?
    As for Torres playing poorly, of course he is. The tactics don't suit him. Perfect example is Eto at Inter, compare that to Torres now. He isn't getting the supply he needs and never will under this system. Everybody knows the type of player Torres is except, apparently, Roy.
    So you are blaming Roy and tactics for Torres' form? Are you blaming Del Bosque and his tactics for Torres' form at the World Cup too? Isn't it a case that Torres hasn't played well since he got injured last April?

eagle eye wrote: »
    Why would you move a player thats playing well? That makes no sense.

Have you a contact in the Liverpool locker room or is this surmising?

Hang on a minute, Poulsen was bought long before Mascherano was sold. How do you make out he was a replacement for him? It was Mereiles that they bought after Mascherano was sold.
    Who is the Cole they got on loan? They signed Joe Cole, a deal I believe was in place before Hodgson got there or am I wrong about that?

So you are blaming Roy and tactics for Torres' form? Are you blaming Del Bosque and his tactics for Torres' form at the World Cup too? Isn't it a case that Torres hasn't played well since he got injured last April?

Makes perfect sense. Cole is being accommodated in the team and adding nothing. Mereiles is being played out of position. It isn't as if he's being moved to an untried position, we all know what Gerrard can do there.

Strong rumours of player unrest. Sure if they were good enough rumours about Rafa, they should be good enough now?

You don't think Poulsen is a replacement for Masch? You don't think the club would have been aware of Masch going? Are you aware of where Poulsen is played?

You think Mereiles is Masch's replacement. Why doesn't Roy play him there then? Instead of Poulsen?

What you've said makes no sense.

We don't know about Cole but obviously Roy likes him and his basing a team around him.

He was only back from injury at the WC, missed the first match IIRC. He isn't going to do much with out tactics for sure. It's all in the article I posted earlier but you seem to not want to read it and stick your head in the sand about our tactics because you don't like a writer.

they bought a brand

the brand is a business thing, not a sporting thing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭beardo81

The only thing Liverpool have in common with a clublike Sunderland is Hodgson and his complete lack of ambition. As soon as he goes expectations should rise again. One man doesn't change a whole institution and it's values and ambition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

SlickRic wrote: »
    none of those jobs have any real expectation at all attached to them.

we don't know yet, for definite, how much of it is his fault. we can only go on what we've seen. and what we've seen is a style of football that is stunted, passive, lacking urgency and quality, and most importantly, a losing style of football. we've been outplayed by every team we've played this year, in the League anyway, bar Arsenal.

You don't know is right but Roy is getting the blame, How different is your performances this year compared to the end of last year.
    contrary to what many rival fans would have us believe, the team Rafa left us, while not the best team he had while in charge of us, is still a team and squad that should comfortably be top 8, and realistically should be top 6 if we don't get decimated by injuries..

But Roy doesn't have the Squad Rafa left does he, it's even weaker because a few left and were replaced with lesser players, is that Roys Fault or is it an indication of the resouces that were made available to him?

You are 6 points off sixth place thats two wins, I know that mathamatically thats not correct but you get my point, it's not a huge gap., I think Roy will close that gap and will get you up to mid table which realistically is where that squad should be.

BTW being a rival fan doesn't mean I am incapable of looking at a situation at any club and forming an unbiased opinion.
    City, Chelsea, Utd, Arsenal and Spurs are the only squads I see as definitively better than ours, and ones who it would be a bonus if we finished above them.

so for us to be 19th, while not a shining representation of Rafa's tenure, is far more of an inditement on Hodgson's approach IMO.

I agree but as I said earlier Roy is not working with the same quality Rafa had even at the end. Sacking him without giving him a fair chance to prove himself would be the wrong thing to do. I'm sure when he took the job he expected a fair crack of the whip . What message will sacking him send to other managers interested in the job, It certainly wouldn't encourage them to move from a secure enviroment .

Considering he is the manager, am pretty sure all of it is.Isn't that how it works? No ? :)

No that's not how it works when starting out at a club with a poor squad inherited from his predecessor.
    He hasn't improved a poor squad who may have over achieved recently, who on selling a world class player had slumped to 7th with an almost identical squad.Then they sell another world class player and expectations are somewhat similar...So they have gone from 4 world class players performing somewhat to 3 world class players with only 1 performing to 2 world class players with neither performing...Am not counting Reina as keepers generally perform 95% of the time.Am saying none this season as the general consensus is Gerrard is still playing shíte ?

Thats rather unfair on him. None of those situations /players leaving is down to him plus he hasn't been given the money to replace these players with players of similar quality.
    So the club loses 50% of it's world class players and the other 2 are off form even more so now than then and yet you still have this expectation of what here ?I know Rafa is a lovechild around here but what could he do if Torres and Gerrard were as bad now as last season without Masch there ? I mean he finished 7th with all 3,why are the expectations so high ?

Agreed

They paid £300 million for the club because they were getting it on the cheap. It was a good investment on which they will make a very tasty profit at some stage down the road.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I cant believe they are looking for his head after 8 games.

Liverpool make as poor managerial and boardroom appointsments as they do players.

I cannot, genuinely believe the amount of people calling for Kenny Daglish. What is he gonig to achieve for you exatly? Perhaps the same messiah like saviour alan Shearer provided Newcastle? O wait, they got relagated....

Daglish has been out of the game far too long, and when he was in it, he was at blackburn that were the old school city, he got thrown money to buy who he wanted and blackburn won the league.

Walking into a club in transition where a whole squad needs rebuilding, by a man whose been out of the managerial game for so long???

Give me a break.

I cant understand liverpool fans sometimes, that would be a terrible appointment.

Liverpool need to accept they are where they are not because of some mad fluke but its where the club is going. They have stabilised the boardroom issue and its time for rebuilding.

In a sane world this season would be a right off and Hodgson would be giving the season.

Lets not forget players of value were sold or wanted to leave before he arrived and players were coming in that he didnt sign.
    He took over a team whose main star, Torres, is counting him time until he leaves.

Hodgson wasnt appointed to win you the league, he was appointed to try keep you competitive and get you stable.

Your insane if you think that liverpool were going to anywhere near top 4 this season.

I think its time Liverpool had a reality check, looked at their structure, their squad and realised they are not a top 4 team. They need to draw a list of priorities and ge tthem sorted asap.

Get the torres situation sorted. Get him to openly commit, get him fit, get him scoring. If this cannot be achieved, get him sold and replaced.

Get building a good squad that can compete for the top four.

and there is a long list of others.

I'm only anti liverpool in the way I cant deal with fans who hang onto successes that are nearly 20 years old.

Hodgson took the job under the pretences of time and rebuilding.

Harry Houdini isnt getting that squad into the top 4 this season, I doubt they will get top 6.

Sacking your manager 8 games in will make things worse.

It is literally the new Newcastle job, no top manager will go near it because it is a death trap, the only managers that you will attract are middle level looking to jump their stature or someone trying to rebuild a career.

Liverpool threads make me so angry and confused as to how the simpliest and realistic things cannot be seen and understand

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

LoL at you seemingly thinking Blackburn is the extent of Kennys managerial experience!

The Muppet wrote: »
    You don't know is right but Roy is getting the blame, How different is your performances this year compared to the end of last year.

Isn't that kinda the whole point?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

I dont want ye to keep him, I'd prefer if ye got someone else in because I'd like to see if they can do better with the current squad, I don't believe they would.

I don't think calling for him to be sacked after a few games is a senisble approach. Ye aren't going to win anything this year so why not give him a season to find his feet?

He'll never be good enough for Liverpool, so why waste time giving him until the end of the season. At least if we get rid now we still have a chance of EL.

Of course it matters. I'm pretty sure top players and top managers would pick Liverpool 100% of the time if they had to choose between us or Sunderland.

lol, end of last year we beat West ham 3-0, Burnley 4-0 and only lost to the 2 best teams in England. This year we've only beaten WBA by 1 goal, lost to Blackpool, Everton, United and City. Yep, no difference at all really.

But Roy doesn't have the Squad Rafa left does he, it's even weaker because a few left and were replaced with lesser players, is that Roys Fault or is it an indication of the resouces that were made available to him?

Of course it's Roy's fault, he's the manager. Even still, a under-performing that finished 7th and loses Mascherano should not suddenly turn into relegation material.

You are 6 points off sixth place thats two wins, I know that mathamatically thats not correct but you get my point, it's not a huge gap., I think Roy will close that gap and will get you up to mid table which realistically is where that squad should be.

We should be challenging for EL spots, easily.
    BTW being a rival fan doesn't mean I am incapable of looking at a situation at any club and forming an unbiased opinion.

Being the Muppet does though. ;)

I agree but as I said earlier Roy is not working with the same quality Rafa had even at the end. Sacking him without giving him a fair chance to prove himself would be the wrong thing to do. I'm sure when he took the job he expected a fair crack of the whip . What message will sacking him send to other managers interested in the job, It certainly wouldn't encourage them to move from a secure enviroment .

It will send the message don't apply for the job if you don't think your up to it. I don't want anybody managing Liverpool who has the attitude "Not sure If i should take this job, I mean if I'm in relegation after 8 games I might get sacked" :rolleyes:

No that's not how it works when starting out at a club with a poor squad inherited from his predecessor.

A poor squad who finished 7th which was deemed unacceptable and he was sacked for it?
    Thats rather unfair on him. None of those situations /players leaving is down to him plus he hasn't been given the money to replace these players with players of similar quality.

All the players he has brought in have been lolbad though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Mr Alan wrote: »
    LoL at you seemingly thinking Blackburn is the extent of Kennys managerial experience!

Dalglish is likely to be be a disaster though IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

flahavaj wrote: »

I'd only be advocate of it on a very short term basis if we were unable attract a top manager at this moment in time. He would almost certainly be a big improvement on Roy.

No way I want Kenny near the job, not even short term. Nothing good can come of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Thief

No way I want Kenny near the job, not even short term. Nothing good can come of it.

Can I ask why you think this?

I'd only be advocate of it on a very short term basis if we were unable attract a top manager at this moment in time. He would almost certainly be a big improvement on Roy.

I'd be happier with Roy tbh. The only benefit you might get from Dalglish is the usual brief upturn in results you inevitably get when a struggling team changes manager. No way in hell a man who's been out of the game as long as Dalglish should be taking on a job like Liverpool.

He's been out of the game far to long. I've heard people say that football tactics haven't changed, but BS. It's a far tougher job now. Expecting him to jump into 12 hour days and for him to hit the ground running is asking a lot. also, there's no such thing as short-term in football. What if he does well to start with? How can you get rid of him then? If we finished top 10 or so people would say he deserves another year etc. Peoples views are completely clouded with Kenny, which can only be a bad thing I feel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Have to get rid of Hodgson before the merits of Kenny need to be considered

mike65 wrote: »
    Have to get rid of Hodgson before the merits of Kenny need to be considered

LOL have you learned nothing? Exactly the managerial policy that has gotten ye into this situation in the first place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Kenny on a caretaker basis until we find the right manager for long-term. He can't do any worse than Roy, so there's nothing to lose. In a caretaker position, expectations wouldn't too high and wouldn't risk Kenny's reputation.

• Advertisement

LOL have you learned nothing? Exactly the managerial policy that has gotten ye into this situation in the first place.

I'd put myself forward if they'd only give me a hearing, things are that bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

mike65 wrote: »
    I'd put myself forward if they'd only give me a hearing, things are that bad.
    Send in teh aul CV

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I'm fully aware of the fact he managed outside of blackburn.

But he hasnt managed in the PL since blackburn.

That was the point I was making and I think it is a very valid point.

1985–1991 Liverpool
    1991–1995 Blackburn Rovers
    1997–1998 Newcastle United
    1999–2000 Celtic
    2009–present Liverpool (Academy)

Two of those jobs werent even a full season in charge.

His current position he hasnt been involved for a year, who knows if hes doing any use in the academy to be fair.

Can think of **** all use the liverpool acadamy has given in recent memory beside Gerrard and Owen, but I'm open to correction.

Employing a person who has a tradition to your club doesn't = success.

For reference, look at ANY club, that appoints someone with tradition to the managerial post.

Its usually a disaster

Liverpool haven't scored in the last 20 minutes of a match this season, or led by more than 1 goal.

Have spent 3 times the amount of time losing than leading. Kind of obvious as we are 19th but you get the point.

Of course it matters. I'm pretty sure top players and top managers would pick Liverpool 100% of the time if they had to choose between us or Sunderland.

if there was a gun to their head and they had to pick between them you mean? coz im pretty sure at this point in time top players and top managers would have little interest in either

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭stumpypeeps

if there was a gun to their head and they had to pick between them you mean? coz im pretty sure at this point in time top players and top managers would have little interest in either

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deloitte_Football_Money_League

what exactly does this have to do with on the pitch performances over the last 2 seasons, or liverpools squad being distinctly mid table?

sure newcastle are in that list

Helix if you were a good manager and had a net spend of 50 million to play with next year would you pass or give it serious consideration?

what exactly does this have to do with on the pitch performances over the last 2 seasons, or liverpools squad being distinctly mid table?

A prospective new manager is not coming in to manage the team over the last season and a bit. He's coming in to manage a club that he will shape and build. He'll need money to do that. With the new regulations coming in in 2012, clubs annual turnover will dictate what they can pay in wages. As Liverpool are 7th, we'll be in a completely different league to the likes of Sunderland, Villa, Everton etc. Who sadly, will struggle to attract top players in future.

Thats what will attract good managers. Not a season and a half of poor form.

Isn't that why managers come to clubs? To improve the squad and make a name for themselves?

Jaysus, you'd swear we hadn't won the CL in 05, Finalists in 07 and regular Semi Finalists in the last few years.

It's still a big job in European terms and the current challenge makes it even moreso.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

Lou Macari, the useless former manager, defending Roy Hodgson, the useless current manager on the Today FM phone-in earlier!

That seems to have put the proverbial sock in Helix. :D

He's gone for his tea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Lou Macari, the useless former manager and die hard Utd fan, defending Roy Hodgson, the useless current manager of Liverpool FC on the Today FM phone-in earlier!

fyp.

;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Of course it's Roy's fault, he's the manager. Even still, a under-performing that finished 7th and loses Mascherano should not suddenly turn into relegation material.

Just to Claify this Point, Rafa had a poor squad because the owners would not give him enough money in the last few years to improve it. Rafa is sacked and Roy inherits his squad minus a fee players who were leaving anyway and the poor squad is Roys fault.

I think this highlights how pool fans are being unfair to Roy, It's really an illogical argument.:confused:

• Advertisement
Advertisement