Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

West Cork

Options
  • 21-10-2010 12:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

I'm heading to West Cork for the bank holiday weekend from Dublin. Does anyone recomend any spots in the general area and would you reckon it would be worth bringing the boards. Had a quick look at magic seaweed but I'm not the best a predicting the conditions especially since I dont know exactly what beach to head for.

there would be 2-3 beginners and 1 intermediate surfer.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Might not be the best weekend for it, the wind will be howling. It'll be onshore in some locations (e.g. Garretstown) and offshore in others (e.g. Inchydoney). Garretstown is likely to catch more swell this weekend. If you really want to get out on the water, that might be your best bet. Go at low tide if you do, and be careful. It'll be dirty messy mushy water (I don't really like Garretstown even when conditions are ideal) but it'll be something.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 woozyeyes

Thanks for the info cornbb...... think we'll throw the boards in too and will be careful if we make it out in the mush... thanks for the heads up.

Advertisement