Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RAF catches Russian bombers in UK airspace

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,351 ✭✭✭Orando Broom

I think pcardin is drunk or high or both. There appears to be a dip in his mad grammar skills as opposed to a Jimeen-esque flaunting of the conventions of the English Language.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Mrmoe

pcardin wrote: »
    Russians always were and always will be a fecking rats. There's very little of human being inside of them. Both WW's started because of their games so will next one start. Very paranoic country, always lying, cheating, backstabbing. It's a country where murderers and rapists are treated as heroes and given medals. mad.gif Should be afraid of them? Yes.

Wow you really don't like our Russian comrades? Did they do something to your country recently?

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=66616581#post66616581

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=67456943#post67456943

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭testicle

RobitTV wrote: »
    Yeh they must of Used the same Pic or somethin But seriously Look how much in danger we are in from the Russians!

Yeah, they used the same words too. How dare they!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭pcardin

I think pcardin is drunk or high or both. There appears to be a dip in his mad grammar skills as opposed to a Jimeen-esque flaunting of the conventions of the English Language.

as I told you guys earlier I never had English at my school so live with that. I learned it myself so of course it would be full of grammar mistakes. :D
    What languages do you know? Dublineese only isn'it? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

I know this man is capable of finishing any jigsaw simply through brute force.

That's a tremendous line.

as I told you guys earlier I never had English at my school so live with that. I learned it myself so of course it would be full of grammar mistakes. :D

But your posts on Motors are more cohesive. Explain.

What is Dublineese?

Can someone ban pcardin? He had a little offensive rant about the Irish after the unacceptable one against the Russians, which by the way had more missing from it than his grasp of grammar.

So only you are allowed to call me stupid, fool, calling my country a sh1thole (not even knowing which one is it) but when I repply with something not nice about Irish I suddenly should be banned?! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,151 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

There's only one way for RobitTV to fix the Russians.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Mrmoe

So only you are allowed to call me stupid, fool, calling my country a sh1thole (not even knowing which one is it) but when I repply with something not nice about Irish I suddenly should be banned?! :eek:

So where are you from then?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

But your posts on Motors are more cohesive. Explain.

What is Dublineese?

pls search on YouTube. And the people think they know English. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

So let me get this straight, the Russians are the bad guys or the good guys in this thread?
    Once that is explained to me I can come down hard on the correct side of the argument.
    Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭flyton5

pls search on YouTube. And the people think they know English. :D

Your English isn't great. Are you from Cork?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

flyton5 wrote: »
    Your English isn't great. Are you from Cork?

Another smart one! Good Morning! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

Obaraten wrote: »
    Well if you are to believe propaganda by a thrashy british newspaper the bad guys and also certain posters from a certain part of the Baltics who have a chip on their shoulder about their recent history

English government announced massive spending cuts.
    Suddenly the Dept of Defence releases evidence of on-going threats to the country, to justify its budget.

Case closed.

Obaraten wrote: »
    Well if you are to believe propaganda by a thrashy british newspaper the bad guys and also certain posters from a certain part of the Baltics who have a chip on their shoulder about their recent history

Well...I'm not from Baltics if your comment was pointed towards me. Not from Eastern Europe either. But I do know the Russians so I know what I'm talking about.

Ok. I'll go back to Motors section and leave you guys alone with your problems. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

you do Know That the plane would be Loaded with Nuclear missiles And the Russians have the Courage to Launch them.

Are you 5?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭jimthemental

I've said nothing about your country, and I have just commented on your grammar and statements about the WWs. I've seen people banned here for a lot less vitriol than you are throwing around. Get back in your box will you and cop on.

I'm not exactly politically correct, however I do draw the line at xenophobic ranting.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

TheZohan wrote: »
    Are you 5?

Are you?

• Advertisement

Are you?

Are any of us? It's a wonderful question. I think we should all ponder our fiveness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

hi5

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

I'm trying to decode RobitTV's random capitalization of letters.
    :eek:

Are you telling the Soviet Capitalist Nazis we're free to invade?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭jimthemental

Are you telling the Soviet Capitalist Nazis we're free to invade?

We're not free to invade, they'll have to bail out at least one bank for Abromovich:pac:

I've said nothing about your country, and I have just commented on your grammar and statements about the WWs. I've seen people banned here for a lot less vitriol than you are throwing around. Get back in your box will you and cop on.

I'm not exactly politically correct, however I do draw the line at xenophobic ranting.

You are in Kilkenny, not me :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 363 ✭✭Rockn

you do Know That the plane would be Loaded with Nuclear missiles And the Russians have the Courage to Launch them.
    Taking the first letter of each capitalised word: KTLNARCL
    and running it through the ENIGMA machine:
    NUKESPREPPEDSTOPLAUNCHIMMINENTSTOPGOODLUCKCOMRADESTOP

You are in Kilkenny, not me. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

Countries buzz each others airspace all the time. It's just dick waving. Russia obviously don't like Nato, so they do pop up where they are having training exercises as a matter of routine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭angelfire9

Can you explain your almost irrational hatred of all things Russian in anything that resembles coherent English?

BTW
    I speak 4 languages, I am not from Dublin and have a degree in Law & Accountancy so i do think that I am reasonably well educated and I do not believe that the Russians started both World Wars

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,151 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

strobe wrote: »
    Countries buzz each others airspace all the time. It's just dick waving. Russia obviously don't like Nato, so they do pop up where they are having training exercises as a matter of routine.

Ireland did train a couple of bees to do that, but by the time they reached a foreign country's airspace, they were too knackered to buzz.:(

• Advertisement

angelfire9 wrote: »
    Can you explain your almost irrational hatred of all things Russian in anything that resembles coherent English?

Because he is from Glorious Nation Latvia. Number one exporter of xenophobia (and grade B dairy products) in whole of Soviet Union.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

There were ten Russian bombers in the air....

Because he is from Glorious Nation Latvia. Number one exporter of xenophobia (and grade B dairy products) in whole of Soviet Union.

Since when I'm from Latvia?!

And is your comment about Latvia any better than mine about Russians? Are you not xenophobic now? Can we ask you to be banned from here? :eek:

Since when I'm from Latvia?!

And is your comment about Latvia any better than mine about Russians? Are you not xenophobic now? Can we ask you to be banned from here? :eek:

If not Latvia, then where, Lithuania? Does it end in 'ia'? Am I getting close? "Estonia Bob, I'm going to lock in Estonia"

Mine was in parody, your's was not.

"He started it sir. I swear!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭rugbyman

So let me get this straight, the Russians are the bad guys or the good guys in this thread?
    Once that is explained to me I can come down hard on the correct side of the argument.
    Thanks in advance.

Max, i have to ask you this, did you ever do 100 in a car?

Rugbyman

If not Latvia, then where, Lithuania? Does it end in 'ia'? Am I getting close? "Estonia Bob, I'm going to lock in Estonia"

Mine was in parody, your's was not.

"He started it sir. I swear!"

As I said previously, I'm not from Baltics and not from Eastern European either. I know you want me to be from there cause you're bit box minded but sorry for disappointing you. ;)

Speaking about Latvia, I've been there. Was sent there back in 2001 when the company I work for was opening a branch in LV. Spent nearly a year there. Nice place with a nice nature, climate and beautiful girls. Not compareable whit this dark place. You should go there to see it yourself :P

I can feel that you hate people from Baltics and other parts of Eastern Europe. I don't like Russians. You see, we have something in common.

and I think we all are way off the thread.

Let's just stick with facts that there was a Russian bomber in the skies close to UK and it was cruising over the Baltic Sea early this week. There was a Russian submarine spoted near to the coast of Norway. Russians are playing this "crazy" game more and more often. And it's not good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Let's just stick with facts that there was a Russian bomber in the skies close to UK and it was cruising over the Baltic Sea early this week. There was a Russian submarine spoted near to the coast of Norway. Russians are playing this "crazy" game more and more often. And it's not good.
    Russia borders both the baltic sea and Norway. Why would it be any suprise that they have subs/planes around there?

As I said previously, I'm not from Baltics and not from Eastern European either. I know you want me to be from there cause you're bit box minded but sorry for disappointing you. ;)

Speaking about Latvia, I've been there. Was sent there back in 2001 when the company I work for was opening a branch in LV. Spent nearly a year there. Nice place with a nice nature, climate and beautiful girls. Not compareable whit this dark place. You should go there to see it yourself :P

I can feel that you hate people from Baltics and other parts of Eastern Europe. I don't like Russians. You see, we have something in common.

Ok let me be honest here. I've noticed one or two of your posts on here before.

You are a small little ungrateful bitter xenophobic passive aggressive person. If you don't like Russians don't go there. If you don't like the Irish **** off back to whatever rock which was so destitute that you had to come to Ireland to get away from. If you are not from the Baltics I am absolutely delighted. I have made a lot of friends from the region who came here and appreciated the fact they were made welcome by most without whinging like sniveling little bitches every chance they got. I should have copped straight off you weren't from their culture to be honest.

Go fukk yourself,
    Sincerely etc...

something tells me I won't be seen round here for a while

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Yes, you take the first letter of each word, then do a ROT13 followed by a triple DES using the OP credit card number as a cypher stream then you subtract 17 from the ASCII code of each letter.

Decoded stream!
    mvdfj sl hglshg w4ls yhwtwuo .uewhgrwp ghw34p0 lregh wgehg5wo geuhgerwhwqgh wuio gyw9 h;qh5 qp2rhg lapiruqnc alh hg
    What?
    I can't believe it says that. We're really ****ed now.

Absurdum wrote: »
    hi5
    Ever see the chicks in that show?
    It makes babysitting tolerable.

If you don't like it here you can leave.
    We're not like those pesky commies. You can leave Ireland at any time.

and I think we all are way off the thread.

Christ. It's 1984 all over again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Gneez

pcardin show me on the doll where the bad russian man touched you

Snakeblood wrote: »
    Dang. I guess we should upgrade are Military and weapons then.

I just "got" my very first boards.ie "in" joke!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

KeithAFC wrote: »
    There were ten Russian bombers in the air....

aaaaand if one Russian bomber should accidently fall

There'd be nine Russian bombers ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Gneez wrote: »

IN MOTHER RUSSIA YOU SHOW MAN WHERE DOLL TOUCH YOU.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭knird evol

Jumpy wrote: »
    aaaaand if one Russian bomber should accidently fall

There'd be nine Russian bombers ...

No, there's six more sables. That the KGB don't know about. He got six more out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,042 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Streaking through the dawn sky, a deadly Russian Blackjack nuclear bomber buzzes British airspace in a dramatic picture released by the RAF.
    ((Picture!))

It was taken by the crew of a Tornado jet scrambled to intercept the supersonic invader as it headed for Scotland

defence chiefs revealed the RAF has been scrambled no fewer than 20 times in the last year to repel Russian warplanes.

Analysts said it was part of a growing tendency for the Kremlin to flex its military muscles in the post-Cold War era. The Russian 'Bear' has been testing Western response times to its increasingly aggressive incursions.

Nicknamed the White Swan by its Russian pilots, the Tu160 is capable of travelling at 1,380mph and can carry up to 88,000lbs of ordnance including either cruise or short-range nuclear missiles.

Two RAF Tornado F3 fighters from 111 Squadron were immediately scrambled from RAF Leuchars in Fife.

They intercepted the Russian warplanes in international airspace near Stornoway, on the Isle of Lewis, and took photographs of the bombers glinting in the early morning sunshine against a clear blue sky.

The Tornados closely shadowed the bombers as they flew south, before they eventually turned north just short of the Northern Ireland coast.

The incidents have revived memories of the Cold War, when cat-and-mouse games in the sky were common

Wing Commander Mark Gorringe, commander of 111 Squadron, added: 'This is not an unusual incident and people may be surprised to know that our crews have successfully scrambled to intercept Russian aircraft on more than 20 occasions since the start of 2009.

'It's a very important job, defending Western Europe

'They have become more incursive and more aggressive in their operations and it is a definite change in their behaviour patterns.

Maybe the British have taken over international airspace without my knowledge .....

The other reports are similar .....
    A RUSSIAN nuclear bomber came within 90 SECONDS of the British coastline after RAF top guns failed to intercept it.
    The supersonic "Blackjack" jet flew a direct course for the port of Hull, East Yorks, in a lighting-fast mock attack.
    Creeping in low over the North Sea, it changed course just 20 miles from UK territorial airspace.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article1749464.ece#ixzz131A8DIWs

RAF TORNADO jets have intercepted eight Russian military aircraft which were approaching British airspace.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article262844.ece#ixzz131ANc7XH

Much ado about nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭Athlone_Bhoy

OMG how little you know the history. But I'm hardly surprised. Education wasn't popular here untill 2005 :(

Anyway, if you want me to be banned, let it be. I don't mind.

Once upon a time
    your mom went to the zoo.

Nine months later
    she gave birth to you.

Gneez wrote: »

I don't know...maybe it's the same place where you've touched your grandmas sheep....maybe it's the same place where catolic priest touched you :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

maybe we could just give them passports in exchange not to be killed?

Terry wrote: »

If you don't like it here you can leave.
    We're not like those pesky commies. You can leave Ireland at any time.

Soon Terry, soon...next July :cool:

• Advertisement
Advertisement