Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester Liverpool Hotels

• 21-10-2010 12:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭

Howdy - can anyone recommend clean, central & not too expensive hotels in either Manchester or Liverpool ?

Also things to see and do in Manchester/Liverpool (aside from the IWM North) ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭#15

Morlar wrote: »
    Howdy - can anyone recommend clean, central & not too expensive hotels in either Manchester or Liverpool ?

Express holiday Inn, Oxford Road, Manchester.

Reasonably priced, central, very clean and comfortable, breakfast included.
    Can't recommend much to do, only go to Manchester for football.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

#15 wrote: »

Express holiday Inn, Oxford Road, Manchester.

Reasonably priced, central, very clean and comfortable, breakfast included.
    Can't recommend much to do, only go to Manchester for football.

Cheers for that - I ended up staying in different ones but will know for next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Fancy That

Stayed in the Ibis on Portland Street few weeks back.....nice clean and very very central! Great value for a weekend!!

Fancy That wrote: »
    Stayed in the Ibis on Portland Street few weeks back.....nice clean and very very central! Great value for a weekend!!

The novotel also on portland st isn't bad either - their walk in rate on friday was reasonable. Though for the sat night the rate basically doubled. Etap near salford quays looked promising, I didn't stay there due to circumstances but at £32 per night - on the tram line too it'd be hard to go too far wrong. Next time I will look at that. So long as you don't need centre of the centre it'd be worth considering if your on a budget.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭#15

The novotel also on portland st isn't bad either - their walk in rate on friday was reasonable. Though for the sat night the rate basically doubled.

If there was a game on at Old Trafford that day, that's possibly why the rate went up.
    Etap near salford quays looked promising, I didn't stay there due to circumstances but at £32 per night - on the tram line too it'd be hard to go too far wrong. Next time I will look at that. So long as you don't need centre of the centre it'd be worth considering if your on a budget.

I've looked at before too, but the reviews on tripadvisor are awful.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

If your up in liverpool you might want to check out the Newz Bar which is popular with punters and celebs alike with very late bar although like anywere , it's hit and miss and no guarantee you'll get in but worth checking out .

Myself and some friends after a charity event got got some passes to get in and found ourselfs rubbing shoulders with the likes of Atomic Kitten ,Gloria Gaynor ,Mike McCartney ( pauls brother ) The La's and quite a few others ie , I know his/her face but not the name ....

If you do get in expect papparazi fashbulbs to pop as you come out :cool:

http://www.newzbar.co.uk/

If there was a game on at Old Trafford that day, that's possibly why the rate went up.

Na - this was on an away day.
    I've looked at before too, but the reviews on tripadvisor are awful.

Ok I must check that out so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

Na - this was on an away day.

If United were away City were probably at home

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭PhilTorres

Internationall Inn, Hardman Street, Liverpool. There is a hostel upstairs but downstairs is a hotell its called the cocoon and its lovely and very reasonably priced!

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭vill@in

PhilTorres wrote: »
    Internationall Inn, Hardman Street, Liverpool. There is a hostel upstairs but downstairs is a hotell its called the cocoon and its lovely and very reasonably priced!

+1 to this - Have stayed in the International 4 or 5 times and never had a problem. Clean, safe, secure, and friendly staff. Have also stayed in the hotel which was lovely and worth payin the extra few quid. Only (slight) complaint would be that cos its downstairs it was a bit warm at night.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 velissavnavi

Well, you haven't given much in the ways of budget, but a look in the right direction would be to see what hotels are there in the city and choose according to your budget. http://www.matchhotels.com/find.php?search_term=manchester&x=0&y=0 is a starting point, they also have a lot of focus on sports, wide variety and decent prices. As for what one should do when visiting Manchester, well, football is always a must, at least once in your lifetime you have to experience one of Manchester's teams play at home.

Advertisement