Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Escape Approved! :D

Options
  • 21-10-2010 12:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭

Sent on the 2nd of June, recieved on teh 8th of June, and granted on the 20th of October, this hairy goon is escaping this cuckoos nest come April! :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Sent on the 2nd of June, recieved on teh 8th of June, and granted on the 20th of October, this hairy goon is escaping this cuckoos nest come April! :D

Congrats what Visa did you apply for save us looking at the other posts*?

* Yes Im that lazy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭woolymammoth

ahh ha! ya, I forgot i posted about my application before!

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055927423

t'was the de-facto partner migration visa. I'm not sure why i thought it, but i assumed they would inform of the decision via snail mail. But good on them, it was through email as with their previous correspondance! nice & simple & quick :)

"I refer to your application for a (Temporary) Partner (Provisional) (Class UF) Visa. On the basis of your sponsorship by __ , I am pleased to advise that you have been granted a subclass 309 Provisional Partner visa." :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mackman

Cool, congrats! :)

Just out of curiosity, how much info (proof of relationship) did you have? There's a possibility i might have to apply for it sometime on the future if things dont pick up in Ireland

Mackman wrote: »
    Cool, congrats! :)

Just out of curiosity, how much info (proof of relationship) did you have? There's a possibility i might have to apply for it sometime on the future if things dont pick up in Ireland

Cheers!

All i can say is peruse the boards. There's been discussion before on the de-facto thing by myself and others.

Your most important mission, if you think you might travel down that path, is to start collecting information / documentation now! you have to prove you've been in a committed relationship for the 12 months previous to your application. you may have been in a relationship for 3, or 4 years, but can you prove it? Think bank accounts, joint ones, joint bills, renting together, joint social events / invitations.. all that sort of stuff. You may not use all of it in an application, but at least you'll have it to pick and choose from. For our application, we made sure to have something from every month of the relationship. IIRC, i sent off over 110 pages in total. That included forms, statements, police clearances, bank statements, bills, other relevant stuff that showed us both having the same address. Oh, and that money order you will never see again :( start saving for that!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mackman

Cheers!

All i can say is peruse the boards. There's been discussion before on the de-facto thing by myself and others.

Your most important mission, if you think you might travel down that path, is to start collecting information / documentation now! you have to prove you've been in a committed relationship for the 12 months previous to your application. you may have been in a relationship for 3, or 4 years, but can you prove it? Think bank accounts, joint ones, joint bills, renting together, joint social events / invitations.. all that sort of stuff. You may not use all of it in an application, but at least you'll have it to pick and choose from. For our application, we made sure to have something from every month of the relationship. IIRC, i sent off over 110 pages in total. That included forms, statements, police clearances, bank statements, bills, other relevant stuff that showed us both having the same address. Oh, and that money order you will never see again :( start saving for that!

Cheers, its just good to hear what someone who actually got the Visa did to get it. We'll be married at the time too so its a different visa but same 12 month proof of relationship malarky.

• Advertisement

escape finally completed :pac:

Was surprised with how quickly i passed through all customs & security!

Advertisement