Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

La Liga week 8

• 21-10-2010 12:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭

In redouts continued absense

Valencia - Mallorca
    Zaragoza - Barcelona
    Sevilla - Athletic
    Getafe - Sporting
    Villarreal - Atlético
    Almería - Hércules
    R Madrid - Racing
    Osasuna - Málaga
    Real Soc - Deportivo
    Espanyol - Levante

Pick of those is most certainly Villareal V Atleti. First big team this season for Villareal, so we will see how far garrido has taken them thus far.

Sevilla V Athletic should be a good and and all.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Interesting one for Atleti too. It will test how far they are progressing.

They've lost to Barca and Sevilla, drawn with Valencia and beaten the rest.

Are they going to be around the UEFA spots? They beat Getafe, a win against Villarreal would say yes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Sky Sports is a fuggin joke.

Barce match supposed to be starting at 5:00. Instead they have classic Premier League. Anyway, when the match actually starts, I would expect Barca to win. Zaragoza are rubbish and probably won't try too hard.

Zara getting battered so far.

5-0 Barca and a Villa hat-trick please.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

Nice and comfy for Zaragoza so far.

Barca's finishing has been terrible as of late. Pedro needs dropping, or a kick up the backside. Iniesta seems to be the only one who is putting in a proper shift.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,951 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

MESSI!
    Very neat!

Where would Barca be this season without the little genius?

I hope Alves is okay. That was VICIOUS!

2-0, Messi again.

Frighteningly good, even when he's having a mediocre game.

Reminds me of last season. Messi scored loads of goals early on without looking anything near his best iirc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Sky Sports is a fuggin joke.

Barce match supposed to be starting at 5:00. Instead they have classic Premier League. Anyway, when the match actually starts, I would expect Barca to win. Zaragoza are rubbish and probably won't try too hard.

I don't think there able to start showing games until a quarter past 5 in England iirc.

Barca players are going to have to start playing good soon, they are relying on Messi way too much. Thankfully Messi is still as good and consistent as ever.

Nice goal for Real, good start to the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭CR 7

Goal.....

2-0

God, assisted by Higuain.

(Edit: First one by Higuain.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

José really has Madrid rolling right now, great to see.

Goal.....

3-0

God again, assisted by Ozil.

11 goals in 10 games now at all levels for Ronny.

Yeah, I'd let him violate me.

I hope he gives Canales 45 mins. Don't think he will though.

Archimedes wrote: »
    11 goals in 10 games now at all levels for Ronny.

Yeah, I'd let him violate me.

Looking like he could get the easiest hat trick of his career tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Id let Ronny violate me all night long to be honest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

Ronaldo to get a hatrick, if not more.

Wouldnt it have been great if his childhood dream had been to play at manchester united, imagine having that in your team from the age of 17-37, i reckon due to his more then impressive fitness he will have a long career

• Advertisement

Ronaldo looks nailed on for the runners up spot in next years FIFA WPOTY awards.

Looking like he could get the easiest hat trick of his career tonight.

:D:D:D

Hat trick in 30min. Impressive.

he is just that, impressive

CorkMan wrote: »
    Ronaldo to get a hatrick, if not more.

I rest my case.

Ronaldo gets his 4th.

Could easily get 6 if he makes any effort at all for the rest of the game.

Ozil gets in on the action too, lovely control and finish. 6-0 now, will definitely be more by full time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,951 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

4 for Ronaldo, 1 for Ozil or 2 for Ozil?

EDIT: Never mind, it's Higuain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Every week looking at Ronaldo makes me so happy he doesn't play for United anymore. :) He's just unreal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

There's no player in the world I prefer watching to Ronaldo. His directness is just magical.

• Advertisement

So is he now recognised by the non united fans as a truly special player these days cause he doesnt play for us anymore?

PHB wrote: »
    There's no player in the world I prefer watching to Ronaldo. His directness is just magical.

Don't say it too loud, or the Barca/Messi fanboys:pac: will say you know nothing about football, or something to that effect.

On current form, the best player in the world without a doubt.

Barcelona look like a shadow of the team that won all around them two years ago. They're not pressing teams like they used to and the intensity just seems to be gone from most of the players. Dani Alves has been especially poor, looks a completely different player from the one who could single-handedly swing a game. I think there's a serious issue with the attack too. Pedro and Bojan haven't gotten a single goal between them all season, for a team like Barca, that just isn't good enough. If things don't improve by Christmas, Barca would want to look at bringing someone in, because if Villa or Messi get injured, I would really fear for Barca.

:eek:

Ronaldo misses a sitter for his 5th/Real's 7th.

Archimedes wrote: »
    On current form, the best player in the world without a doubt.

Ronaldo? Sorry but Messi is still better :p

It comes down to personal preference anyways, some people prefer the directness of Ronaldo, others prefer Messi's style. Either way they are 2 of the best players in the world.

• Advertisement

It's not a matter of a preference, it's a matter of right or wrong. Messi is better. My old nan would've tucked away the chances Ronaldo had tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Ronaldo.:eek:

Jose has the Real engine purring now. So much for the claims he was being too negative or his teams don't play good football.

La Liga is gonna be epic this year.

Barcelona look like a shadow of the team that won all around them two years ago. They're not pressing teams like they used to and the intensity just seems to be gone from most of the players. Dani Alves has been especially poor, looks a completely different player from the one who could single-handedly swing a game. I think there's a serious issue with the attack too. Pedro and Bojan haven't gotten a single goal between them all season, for a team like Barca, that just isn't good enough. If things don't improve by Christmas, Barca would want to look at bringing someone in, because if Villa or Messi get injured, I would really fear for Barca.

Complacency is a danger when you get sucked off by the media/fans at every opportunity

Ye have to agree, Llorente would be a nice signing as has beenn said, a bit more direct and can add something different to what they already have. With Alves he concentrates way to hard on trying to score goals himself or trying to get people booked, he doesn't know how to cross the ball either.

Somebody edit C. Ronaldos wiki page, i'm too lazy :cool:

• Advertisement

Bodhisopha wrote: »
    It's not a matter of a preference, it's a matter of right or wrong. Messi is better.

LOL. Thats an opinion not a fact.

flahavaj wrote: »
    Ronaldo.:eek:

Jose has the Real engine purring now. So much for the claims he was being too negative or his teams don't play good football.

La Liga is gonna be epic this year.

I guarantee you will see a cautious Real at the Camp Nou next month looking to pick Barca off on the counter.

It's not a matter of a preference, it's a matter of right or wrong. Messi is better. My old nan would've tucked away the chances Ronaldo had tonight.

:pac:

Did you forget to watch the highlights of the Barca game too?

I guarantee you will see a cautious Real at the Camp Nou next month looking to pick Barca off on the counter.

Obviously, look how well it worked last season. You say it like knowing how to get a result againts Barca's style of play is a bad thing. Trying to play them at their own game at Camp Nou would be moronic.

Obviously, look how well it worked last season. You say it like knowing how to get a result againts Barca's style of play is a bad thing. Trying to play them at their own game at Camp Nou would be moronic.

I say it because you speak of Mourinho's negativity as if it's a thing of the past now that Real are banging them in against the likes of Zaragoza. It will surface again, don't worry.

Anyways! What's with all the United fans singing Reals praises on here? Have you all jumped ship or what?

In the last 3 league games Real got 16 goals, that is their style :cool:

Anyways! What's with all the United Ronaldo fans singing Reals praises on here? Have you all jumped ship or what?

That's why.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

LOL. Thats an opinion not a fact.

Before Reals game I don't think you would have said that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

I say it because you speak of Mourinho's negativity as if it's a thing of the past now that Real are banging them in against the likes of Zaragoza. It will surface again, don't worry.

Anyways! What's with all the United fans singing Reals praises on here? Have you all jumped ship or what?

The 'negativity' that won Jose 2 Champion Leagues? Cant wait. Barcelona have been getting all the plaudits last few years and rightly so, now Real are the best team in Spain at the moment and should therefore she praised. Maybe some United fans still appreciate what a great player Ronaldo is.

That's why.

Have a little self respect. I'd liken that to a woman still in love with her husband who has left her for a younger, sexier Spanish woman.

• Advertisement
Advertisement