Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

La Liga week 8

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Bodhisopha wrote: »
    I say it because you speak of Mourinho's negativity as if it's a thing of the past now that Real are banging them in against the likes of Zaragoza. It will surface again, don't worry.

Anyways! What's with all the United fans singing Reals praises on here? Have you all jumped ship or what?

Part of the genius of Mourinho is that he sets up his team according to whats required on a giuven day, as Barca found to their peril last season. One of the few criticisms thats levelled at him is that he doesn't play a good brand of football - some of the stuff Real have played this season has been scintillating.

As for Ronaldo, I presume a lot of United fans still admire him as a footballer. I don't particularly like the man myself but i have the height of rewpect for his abilities on the pitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

How the hell did the ref give that peno and how the hell did the keeper not save it :confused:

Have a little self respect. I'd liken that to a woman still in love with her husband who has left her for a younger, sexier Spanish woman.

Its hardly the same thing as thinking a fella is good at playing football tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

IMO Ronaldo can get more than Messi got last season. 14 so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

flahavaj wrote: »
    Its hardly the same thing as thinking a fella is good at playing football tbh.

Not aimed at you. You respect his ability as a footballer, as do i, without displaying blatant man love.

Mourninho is a managerial genius, no doubt, but playing your way all the way to the top is the ultimate. There's no poetry or beauty in what Inter did last season. It was ugly and bordering on anti-football (and extremely fortunate i might add). That's not why i fell in love in with the game.

I'm out. Peace!

Not aimed at you. You respect his ability as a footballer, as do i, without displaying blatant man love.

Mourninho is a managerial genius, no doubt, but playing your way all the way to the top is the ultimate. There's no poetry or beauty in what Inter did last season. It was ugly and bordering on anti-football (and extremely fortunate i might add). That's not why i fell in love in with the game.

I'm out. Peace!

It was one of the greatest displays of defending I've ever seen, I've never seen a team that was so well drilled in exactly what they were supposed to do, despite having 10 men. It wasn't your typical ten men behind the ball job you'd see a lesser team from the Premier league try to pull off, this was a carefully planned, brilliantly executed performance. Good defending is an art. As said before, its the right way to play this Barca team and negate their passing game in the final 1/3 of the field. You're asking for a hiding if you go toe to toe with them away from home. People also forget the display at the San Siro where Inter blew Barca away in the second half. They earned their right to defend their lead in the 2nd leg.

What the fudge!.. Valencia 2-0 down to Mallorca now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

MOG7 wrote: »
    What the fudge!.. Valencia 2-0 down to Mallorca now.

Gerry Armstrong is stuck to the ceiling right now.

Come down Gerry before your hair transplants come out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

World Cup hangover is looking very serious at Barca atm to be honest. It echoes so much like Rijkaard's 2007 season after we won the CL. Relying on individual pieces of brilliance from Messi (Ronaldinho back then). I'm loving Villa though, his aggression is just fantastic, and once he scores I have no doubts the floodgates will open, he's doing everything right.

Madrid look ruthless as fcuk too, (Di Maria, Khedira and Ozil have added so much) they are playing how we did 2 seasons ago. Still though, if Barca can kick into gear it'd be all the sweeter to sh*t all over Mourinho's parade. Spade a spade though, they are certainly favourites at this time for the league.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

El Clásico is going to be a game of epic proportions this year. Easily the biggest domestic league clash in Europe in recent times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Archimedes wrote: »
    El Clásico is going to be a game of epic proportions this year. Easily the biggest domestic league clash in Europe in recent times.

It's ridiculous that it's gotten even bigger since last year, when it was probably the biggest domestic clash ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

What the **** is the ref doing giving Sevilla a peno there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Great goal by Rossi

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Johner wrote: »
    What the **** is the ref doing giving Sevilla a peno there.

The second one?

Criminal decision, sad to see that.

dfx- wrote: »
    The second one?

Even worse as Athletic came back into the game with the last minute goal and it killed the momentum, Sevilla probably were the better team on the day but that peno decision is as bad as it gets.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I actually thought it was a foul by Negredo. Only saw the 2nd half due to Skys bizarre decision to annoy us with Andy Gray, but thought it was a brilliant 45 minutes. Fabianos second was a thing of beauty.

On another note, Real are starting to really worry me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

dfx- wrote: »
    The second one?

Yeah! Was a free out and he goes and gives a penalty, couldn't believe it.

Advertisement