Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NHLPA '93 SNES v Mega Drive

• 21-10-2010 1:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭

So. I love the NHL series. Grew up playing it on the Mega Drive. Recently got my hands on NHLPA '93 for the SNES. Thought it would be AT LEAST as good and maybe graphically better.

I have to say that the Mega Drive version is far superior. The Mega Drive version is so smooth in comparision. The SNES version seems choppy. Like a lower framerate issue. Anyone else noticed this ?

Loved these games and still fun now. Just wondering if I'm on my own thinking the SNES version (while still good) was a slightly botched job.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 52,039 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The game was made for the Megadrive first and converted across to the SNES. All the EA sports games are better on the Megadrive. While the SNES had prettier graphics and sound and could do things that the megadrive could only dream of doing it was lumbered with a very slow processor. Sports games need to be smooth and speedy and have tonnes of sprites moving around at a very fast pace which suited the megadrive much more than the SNES.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    The game was made for the Megadrive first and converted across to the SNES. All the EA sports games are better on the Megadrive. While the SNES had prettier graphics and sound and could do things that the megadrive could only dream of doing it was lumbered with a very slow processor. Sports games need to be smooth and speedy and have tonnes of sprites moving around at a very fast pace which suited the megadrive much more than the SNES.

Interesting. Thanks for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Wasn't it the last year they had fighting in it ?
    Best of the series imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

Ste- wrote: »
    Wasn't it the last year they had fighting in it ?
    Best of the series imo.

Yeah I think 93 is probably the best but was wondering why the SNES version was so poor when compared to the Mega Drive release.

Advertisement