Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

child benefit cuts

• 21-10-2010 2:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

I just need to vent my annoyance at parents who are up in arms about the child benefit cuts!! You shouldn't have children if you are depending on the child benefit to support them! Money should never have been given to parents in the first place as most people I know pay ESB,Car Insurance etc with it anyhow ...A real benefit to the children would be free healthcare/ school books,at least its the child who is directly benefiting and not the local drug dealer/off licence! :mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭analbeads

maggieoc wrote: »
    I just need to vent my annoyance at parents who are up in arms about the child benefit cuts!! You shouldn't have children if you are depending on the child benefit to support them! Money should never have been given to parents in the first place as most people I know pay ESB,Car Insurance etc with it anyhow ...A real benefit to the children would be free healthcare/ school books,at least its the child who is directly benefiting and not the local drug dealer/off licence! :mad:

:eek: well the children of today will be the workers of tomorrow and will be paying for your pension/other benefits thru tax.....bet youll have no problem accepting that money will ya??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 maggieoc

~I pay my own pension, and what im saying is it shouldn't be going directly to the parents who don't always spend it on the child.There are other ways the government should look at instead of child benefit. I do agree that the children of today are what the state will be relying on in years to come.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

maggieoc wrote: »

Not the forum for this type of rants. Thread locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement