Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bloodline Champions

Options
  • 21-10-2010 2:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭

A friend introduced me to this a few weeks ago.

It was sold to me as a similar MOBA style game as Dota, League of Legends, Heroes of Newerth, Demigod etc. but after further investigation it appears they've removed the neutral monsters (though that could just depend on the game mode selected, I'm not sure).

Essentially though, all abilities are skill based and aimed by the user in that the player needs to select the line that the projectile will fly along. Skillshots if you will.

These videos might give you a better idea:
    http://leakerz.net/wp/2010/10/14/bloodline-champions-4-classes-introduced/

Anyway, Fileplanet have now made beta keys available here:
    http://www.fileplanet.com/promotions/bloodline-champions/

So I figured I'd let people know the deal.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

I got sent the beta for this not sure why can't remember what i could have signed up for to get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Followed this game for a while and id lvoe to get my hands on a beta key for it.

Dont suppose anyone has one theyre not using?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Uhmm, did you read my post? Fileplanet are still giving them away to normal account holders. Just sign-up (if you haven't already) and you can have a key in ~30 seconds. Just about to try out the game now, will post more in a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭wayne040576

I got into the beta for this. I downloaded it, created the account and then never played. I had completely forgotten about it until now.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Funcom sent me a key lastnight, must check this out over the weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭wayne040576

Dcully wrote: »
    Funcom sent me a key lastnight, must check this out over the weekend.

Are Funcom Publishing this now? I signed up for the beta well over a year ago and I don't think they were involved with the game at the time. I could be wrong though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Yeah, they are publishing it now.

I spent a few hours playing it since my last post. Very enjoyable gameplay but I'm not sure how much staying power the game has. It's all incredibly tactical once you scratch the surface but trying to do so with randoms is pretty difficult. I'm still not sure what marketing model they are using but it seems unlikely to be F2P. If it is P2P then I can't really see this doing too well unless it is pretty cheap or no subscription.

Will post again when I've had a chance to play some more. Name is CrazeeIvan if you want to add me as a friend and have a game or two.

Advertisement