Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Documentary Evidence of Genuinely Seeking Work

• 21-10-2010 2:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 932 ✭✭✭

I just got a letter from my deciding officer looking for documentary evidence of genuinely seeking work since a particular date. This is a major sticking point of my application. I don't have any such evidence.

I have been seeking work. Dropping CVs into loads of bars/pubs/law offices etc, but I haven't gotten anything back. I've my CV on monster.ie and jobs.ie and have forwarded it to a number of admin related jobs, but only got one reply in email form and that was really recently. I had an interview with a hotel, but I got that offer over the phone and didn't get the job obviously.

She says in order to have an entitlement to JSA I must supply evidence that I am genuinely seeking work.

I can attach the one rejection email I have to the letter when I send it back, but beyond that I have nothing. And I could have faked the email anyways. If I sent her a letter attached to the 'Efforts Form' detailing all this, do you think I'd have any chance?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭bladespin

Try writing to a few employers instead of dropping CVs, most will send you a letter to acknowledge your efforts.

MasteryDarts Ireland - Master your game!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 932 ✭✭✭Yillan

She wants the form back within 7 days and I'm looking to have it backpaid from when I applied. If the only evidence I have is from since she sent me the letter, I'd struggle to manage to have it backpaid I'm guessing.

It's a bloody mess. I'd nearly draft a rejection letter myself from one of the places I applied.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Yillan wrote: »
    She wants the form back within 7 days and I'm looking to have it backpaid from when I applied. If the only evidence I have is from since she sent me the letter, I'd struggle to manage to have it backpaid I'm guessing.

It's a bloody mess. I'd nearly draft a rejection letter myself from one of the places I applied.

You could put together a doc with all the places you have contacted, how you contacted them and the response given.

I don't know if this will be acceptable but it would certainly show that you have been actively seeking work

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭Bob Z

Yillan wrote: »

i don't know if this would but Get a letter from one the places you visited to say that youhave been asking them about.

Your cv is on monster.ie could you get a printout from that website?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭mood

Have you not been applying for jobs online? If you have you should have a copy of e-mails sent in your e-mail a/c.

• Advertisement
Advertisement