Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Everton

Options
  • 21-10-2010 2:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭

Well with the defeat midweek we have to hope we can come out all cylinders firing in this match and VDV modric thudd Pav and Gomes should all be in good shape for this match. Sandro could make another appearance but I expect bale and Lennon to keep there places with maybe Kaboul coming in to central defence

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

Always a tough game against Everton.

Hopefully we don't have any hangovers from last nights match.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,623 ✭✭✭golfball37

Clean sheet please- thats all I want.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

golfball37 wrote: »
    Clean sheet please- thats all I want.

If we get one, we'll win the game.
    I dont think we will though, keep a clean sheet that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

Really looking forward to this game lads. I reckon Bale will be rested for this, although maybe he'll be rested for Utd next week before the Milan game? I'm not sure.

As I've said a few times in the last 2 weeks, I hope that Kranjcar gets a run... Although, Modric technically got a rest last night, so I doubt that will happen!

I will be glad to see Kaboul back.

How long before Dawson is fit?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

I think we'll struggle against them. They always play well in WHL (with the exception of that Dean Marney inspired 5 - 1 trashing a while back!) and our lads will undoubtedly be tired after their exertions on Wednesday night. At least they have a week off after tomorrow so hopefully they can give it one last push and get the 3 points.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Tottenham return to Premier League action after the 4-3 defeat in Milan, against Inter, and Rafael van der Vaart, suspended for the game at San Siro, returns for a Spurs side those record following European games so far this season is good. After four Champions League games – two in the play-offs and two in Group A – they have won three and lost one. Three of the four games were at home, where they suffered the one loss, against Wigan.
    Actually quiet a good record and I was at the Wigan match we were extremly unfortunate to lose.

All this talk of resting Bale, no chance.. he's young and hungry, he'll be ok. He'll have a 7 day rest before our next game against United. Gotta play our strongest team and try get 3 points, which wont be easy as Everton are a good side and well organised.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Bodie Doyle

Hatch99 wrote: »
    All this talk of resting Bale, no chance.. he's young and hungry, he'll be ok. He'll have a 7 day rest before our next game against United. Gotta play our strongest team and try get 3 points, which wont be easy as Everton are a good side and well organised.

Agree. Most of our players are playing two games a week if you include Champions league, CC, and internationals. We will have a full week to recover before our next game against Man u so I fully expect Harry to put out his strongest side against Everton. I hope he does as I will be at WHL watching the lads in action tomorrow. Cannot wait.COYS!!!!!

Harry Redknapp will be boosted by the availability of Rafael van der Vaart and Sandro for Saturday's visit of Everton to the Lane.

Both were unavailable for Wednesday's Champions League defeat at Inter Milan through suspension and ineligibility respectively, but they will return to the squad for the clash with David Moyes' side.

The manager is also wary that Wednesday's hat-trick hero Gareth Bale has had little rest in recent weeks and has hinted at making changes as we return to domestic action.

But Harry has confirmed Ledley King remains out with a groin injury, alongside longer-term absentees Jermain Defoe, Michael Dawson, Jonathan Woodgate and Jamie O'Hara.

Giovani Dos Santos has also joined the injury list with groin trouble. Harry said: "People like Ledley are still not fit so there's still a little group of players who are not available.

"But Rafa's available, as is Sandro who can come into midfield for us, so we've got one or two we can change around who didn't play the other night.

"We got back to England at 3.30 in the morning on Thursday so I will look to freshen it up with one or two tomorrow.

"It's a shame we haven't got that four or five who are injured at the moment who would be fantastic for us to play. But we have got some players who are desperate to play, like the boy Sandro and Wilson Palacios who are top players and available."

On man of the moment Gareth, he continued: "He's been fantastic but he's tired to be fair. He had a couple of tough games for Wales, then Saturday at Fulham, then at the San Siro, so we'll see how he is this morning. I think he's nearly running on empty but hopefully there's still a bit of petrol left in there."

And on the progress of Defoe and Dawson, Harry added: "I think Jermain's going well. He's got the protective boot off now so he's certainly progressing quickly.

"Michael will be back as quickly as anyone can be. He's such a fantastic pro and as soon as he's got a chance of being anywhere near, he'll push himself, but he's still quite a way off at the moment."

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

By the sounds of that it could be Christmas before we see Daw's again. That's disappointing. I hope Bale has the energy for one more game - the whole dynamic of the team changes when he's bombing down the wing like he does.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,726 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

I'd say we'll see a line-up something along these lines:

Gomes
    Hutton -- Kaboul -- Bassong
    BAE
    Lennon -- Modric -- Huddlestone -- Bale
    van der Vaart

Pavlyuchenko

It is bad form having an early Saturday kick-off after an away game in Europe on the Wednesday. Hopefully we can pick-up where we left off at the San Siro. We have a great record against Everton but they look to be finding some form in recent weeks. With Arsenal facing City we have a great chance to gain ground on one or even both of those.

We haven't kept a clean sheet since the City game so one of those would be lovely. I can't see that happening though so I'll take another van der Vaart inspired 2-1 win!

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    I'd say we'll see a line-up something along these lines:

Gomes
    Hutton -- Kaboul -- Bassong
    BAE
    Lennon -- Modric -- Huddlestone -- Bale
    van der Vaart

Pavlyuchenko

It is bad form having an early Saturday kick-off after an away game in Europe on the Wednesday. Hopefully we can pick-up where we left off at the San Siro. We have a great record against Everton but they look to be finding some form in recent weeks. With Arsenal facing City we have a great chance to gain ground on one or even both of those.

We haven't kept a clean sheet since the City game so one of those would be lovely. I can't see that happening though so I'll take another van der Vaart inspired 2-1 win!
    Sandro could make an appearence as well as he didn't travel the reason they always do well against us is because they are always very physical with us that we have only just started coping with recently

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

I see that Everton have there own injury worries for tomorrow also,Leon Osman is def out for the game along with Rodwell,Fellanie and Pienaar.Arteta is also a doubt,should even things up a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

I heard that Wilson's mother is putting pressure on Harry to play him because she's flying over from Honduras to watch him play!!

Gomes;
    Hutton, Gallas, Kaboul, Assou-Ekotto;
    Lennon, Palacios, Modric (c), Bale;
    van der Vaart;
    Crouch.
    SUBS: Cudicini, Bassong, Jenas, Kranjcar, Sandro, Keane, Pavlyuchenko.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

TEAM NEWS - Three changes from Milan. Kaboul, Palacios and van der Vaart in for Bassong, Huddlestone and Jenas. TEAM: (4-4-1-1) Gomes; Hutton, Gallas, Kaboul, Assou-Ekotto; Lennon, Palacios, Modric (c), Bale; van der Vaart; Crouch. SUBS: Cudicini, Bassong, Jenas, Kranjcar, Sandro, Keane, Pavlyuchenko.

THFC wrote: »
    I heard that Wilson's mother is putting pressure on Harry to play him because she's flying over from Honduras to watch him play!!

he just said that on sky

Jaysus, easily could have gotten a soft peno from that...

1-0 everton... Baines freekick... reminds me of Goevanni's...:(

Get in!! Who else but VdV!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Jmcc001

lad any streams

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Seillejet

I think Crouch has been disappointing. Expect to see Pav at some stage. Baines is quality for Everton in fairness, should be chasing him rather than Piennaar. We have to be careful with the counter.

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Seillejet

Sandro looks good too since he came on, some good touches and tackles.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭yidweiser

Very impressed with Sandro. Lightening speed and great tracking back. We're knocking on the door for the winner as long as Gallas keeps his head! Go on Modric :)

We really should of won that really dissapointing we were far better all there attacks were dealt with pretty easily ref did us no favours at all

not one for making excuses but i felt the ref n linesman were poor today. how did the lines man not see that one that led to van de vaarts yellow card not hit cahills foot!! he was so close.
    alot of spurs players were penalised for challanges that everton players got away with.

as for the game it was an entertaining enough match. everton played well to their credit.

thought crouch was poor. must be hard when everytime the balls comes near u there is 2 players pushing n pulling outta u but i was disappointed in him.
    as was i in lennon. apart from that i thought most players played well. palacios who is in bad form i feel played well. silly booking and was only a matter of time before he was taken off before being sent off.
    modric was excellent as was VDV in the first half.

I thought Modric was excellent today really really good deligthed to see him back on form Lennon looked tired but he was still lively at times

is it the end of robbie keane?

harry asked in his interview will it be a head ache having defoe back cos VDV and crouch r playing well.
    harry went on to talk about how hard it will be to have 2 strikers and VDV on the pitch and mentioned defoe and pav but not a whisper of robbie!!

whats going on? i know a lot here dont rate him but surely if he doesnt want him he would have sold him in the summer no? personally i would play keane ahead of pav anytime.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

I thought Modric was excellent today really really good deligthed to see him back on form Lennon looked tired but he was still lively at times
    Agree,Modric had his best game in a while,I thought Sandro done well also,Gallas and Kaboul did well today in the center of defence and fair play to Ekotto he cut out a lot of Evertons attacks,thought Crouch was poor,I wish we had a better option up front than him.

Advertisement