Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish PS3 in Oz

Options
  • 21-10-2010 2:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭

Hi

Just wondering will my Irish PS3 work in Oz?

Obviously the plug is different but is there any volt or amp issues that will burn it out quicker or any other issues?

Will Oz games work or will i have to get PAL ones from back here?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭The Aussie

I think they are regionalised so if you buy games over there (OZ) they wont work in a UK/Irish console.

Also it will work fine, just different plug

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭brennarr

Not sure about the conole working in OZ but I bought games for my xbox 360 & PS3 in Sydney last year and worked perfectly when I got home to Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 7 travelsarah

Your console should work fine down here, neither in terms of hardware or games...

Since Blue Rays have the same Rego Code for Europe and Australia that shouldn't be an issue, but the DVDs probably won't work.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

It will work fine.

PS3 games hove no region lock.

I bought my PS3 in oz and have had english and irish games on it and theyre fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,354 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

It will work fine.

PS3 games hove no region lock.

I bought my PS3 in oz and have had english and irish games on it and theyre fine.
    The reason the Oz ones work was because Ireland and Oz are the same region, PAL, the other two are NSTC-U and NSTC-J, Usa and Japan.

Playstation do have a lock, but not for blu-ray, all xbox does but doesn't use it all the time. All consoles have a region, but its not an issue with ireland Oz

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

Mellor wrote: »
    The reason the Oz ones work was because Ireland and Oz are the same region, PAL, the other two are NSTC-U and NSTC-J, Usa and Japan.

Playstation do have a lock, but not for blu-ray, all xbox does but doesn't use it all the time. All consoles have a region, but its not an issue with ireland Oz

You are wrong. ;). If you dont know something please dont post rubbish. The OP posted looking for clarrification on a matter and you have provided the opposite.

OP the following link should answer your querie:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=56985823&postcount=1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 ronnieryan

I brought an xbox back from oz and the game here work fine on it. I'd say its the same on playstation. Only thing was i had to take it out of my bag at every secuity check on the way over. Very annoying

Advertisement