Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

200 FREE Microsoft points/ xbox live points

• 21-10-2010 4:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭

Hi this was already Posted by Cherryghost in the Freebie section on bargain alert but just in case some people don't look there

200 Free Microsoft Points and more

see link and don't forget to thank Cherryghost if you use them.

I actually used my gamertag to log on.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=191825&page=616

about half way down the page.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭Recon

thanks for that, you also get 1 credit for every 2 bing searches you do (up to a max of 10 per day) until the 30 of this month, worth doing maybe and getting 300 xbox points from this

EDIT: There's also a bunch of other things you can do to get more credits (which you can then sell for xbox live points, 100 credits = 100 xbox points). Click the button on the bing bar that says how many credit you currently have, then select 'Current offers' and get 3 free credits for each link.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭dunworth1

thanks good find any idea for what to use these for?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭Recon

For what to use the points for?

You use them for buying stuff off xbox live, full games, DLC for games you already have, stuff like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,640 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

how do you redeem your points it's only giving me an option of an american address when asking for my shipping add and wont let me check out until i do

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

duploelabs wrote: »
    how do you redeem your points it's only giving me an option of an american address when asking for my shipping add and wont let me check out until i do

This was also posted by cherry Ghost

, I grabbed some random addresses and numbers to add that. The Microsoft Points are sent by email after a day or two

The address I used was:

Address: 2818 Moody Pkwy
    Zip: 35004

Got 2 emails 2 days later with 2 codes, 100 ms points each. Sorry, forgot to mention that bit

Hope that helps

• Advertisement

Recon wrote: »
    For what to use the points for?

You use them for buying stuff off xbox live, full games, DLC for games you already have, stuff like that.

sorry i should have made myself clearer i ment has anyone any ideas as to what games etc.. if any to get with these points

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

You won't get any games for 200. Maybe a small add on like a weapon or costume pack for a game. Avatar accessories if you want to throw the points away. They are free.

Perfect for me though. I have 750 and want the Shadow Broker dlc for ME2 which is 800. Nice! I used the exact same BS address and number. I just couldn't be arsed. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭grimm2005

I did this and put a random US address in and got the email with a code to redeem the points but xbox.com kept telling me the code was invalid. I presumed this was because points are region locked?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

grimm2005 wrote: »
    I did this and put a random US address in and got the email with a code to redeem the points but xbox.com kept telling me the code was invalid. I presumed this was because points are region locked?
    MS Points are region locked, so you would probably need a US Gamertag to redeem these points. (That's easily done, go to XBox.com and set up a new Gamertag using the windows live account you just used for the Bing Rewards program).

TIP If you click on the Bing Rewards Button, there are some special searches they recommend that get you 12 rewards points each. Complete a 4-5 of these and you'll have enough rewards points to get you over the 300 MS Points mark. Enough for a cheap Indie game or perhaps something on the Deal of the Week at some stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

grimm2005 wrote: »

Hi Grimm

I am still waiting on my order from Bing and will post when I have an update.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

yea the microsoft points are region locked. You may as well set up a US account and buy cheap stuff like gamer pictures or indie games (avatar clothes can only be used on the account that they were purchased with!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Trevor451 wrote: »
    yea the microsoft points are region locked. You may as well set up a US account and buy cheap stuff like gamer pictures or indie games (avatar clothes can only be used on the account that they were purchased with!)

Or songs from rock band network which are unavailable to Irish accounts anyway.

A Quick question for everyone who had been doing this. Have you got your Microsoft Points yet? I've worked up enough for 400 MS Points, but the orders on the Redemption centre still just say 'Processing'...

A Quick question for everyone who had been doing this. Have you got your Microsoft Points yet? I've worked up enough for 400 MS Points, but the orders on the Redemption centre still just say 'Processing'...

nope haven't received mine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

Nope :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭mailrewop

still no sign

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

did anyone get these points after all as I didnt...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

Me neither :(

Tinie wrote: »
    did anyone get these points after all as I didnt...

Here is the response I got from Bing Support / Microsoft when I e-mailed them a number of weeks ago (I had worked up enough for 600 Microsoft Points)
    Hello Fingleberries

Thanks for your inquiry.

MS Points are a popular item and we’re doing our best to expedite fulfillment of them. Provided your order is found to be in accordance with our Terms of Use, you will receive a second email which fulfills your order. Per our Terms of Use, rewards are usually delivered within 8-12 weeks from the date the redemption request is fully processed, unless otherwise stated or the particular reward is in limited quantities, backordered or out of stock. For MS Points, we are generally processing redemptions faster than these guidelines.

Thank you for being a member of Bing Rewards.

Sincerely,
    The Bing Rewards team

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭Xluna

I can only see 400 ms points for 400 bing points.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,206 ✭✭✭maximoose

Still waiting on my points from aages ago.. emailed customer service around 3 weeks and got no reponse. I wanted them in time for the Reach Maps damnit!

Got a code today for 100 of the 600 points that I worked up during this promotion. When I go to check the Bing Rewards site for the status of the remaining 500 points, I get the error:
    Account not active
    We have closed your rewards account.
    Click the back button in your browser to try again. If you continue to experience this issue, please contact customer support.
    Contact support
    Message 40026

Looks like I won't be getting the rest of the points ... Did anyone else have the same experience? Any Joy getting all their points?

[EDIT]
    Actually, it might not be useful to have 100 points for XBox stuff, but I might keep an eye on the Games for Windows Live 'Daily Deals' ... Currently S.T.A.L.K.E.R. is reduced to 0.99c (80 points), the other day they had Age of Empires III (full edition, with expansions) for 0.10c - you never know, there might be something good that pops up there :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Yup same message when I log on :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,206 ✭✭✭maximoose

well thats very annoying :(

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Jaych1000

It took me ages to get past the checkout with a valid US address.
    I didn't want to use the one posted in this thread in case it had been shutdown because so many people probably tried to use it.
    I picked the address of a hostel I stayed in last year in San Fran and found the zip code and it let me through it.
    HTH

Jaych1000 wrote: »
    It took me ages to get past the checkout with a valid US address.
    I didn't want to use the one posted in this thread in case it had been shutdown because so many people probably tried to use it.
    I picked the address of a hostel I stayed in last year in San Fran and found the zip code and it let me through it.
    HTH
    Yeah - Had already used a valid US Address and got past the check-out (rellies living over there).

There were 600 points on order being 'processed' for a number of weeks. In the end I got 100 points and they seem to have closed the account.

Shame, but c'est la vie.

Advertisement