Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

hotmail what have they done?

• 21-10-2010 4:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 835 ✭✭✭

I am using widows xp, firefox browser.
    Hi all, am I right in thinking that those Hotmail people have been tinkering with how we use our accounts?

Over the last few weeks site links in emails (if to a youtube video) sometimes appear with the video ready to go so to speak.
    The other thing is I can't seem to upload my microsoft word documents and also jpegs. When a document is uploaded a whole sort of panel apears at the top of email ,it talks about office docs/ the fact that everything uploaded but it never sends. When someone sends a document it also starts spouting on about different options and way of downloading stuff.
    Sorry all thats not very clear but thats how it all it is to me..(not bloody clear) I don't like whats going on at all. My gut feeling is that there is nothing wrong with my computer rather that the hotmail have tried to improve the email experience (not I think) and they are trying to get us to use those 'office doc' thingys...I don't want to!.

Whats going on, tell me I'm not going mad. Its really holding me back with some work now.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Try connecting with Outlook Express. It might not be the greatest mail client, but AFAIK it can handle hotmail accounts. Last time I tried anyway, that was some years ago.

Advertisement