Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Venue for kids concert

Options
  • 21-10-2010 4:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭

I'm trying to find a venue in Letterkenny for a kids concert. There will be individual and group performances by about 80 teenagers.

The RCC don't have anything thing available and the theatre doesn't have the weekend availability that we need.

It doesn't have to be very large venue. It's not a commercial venture, just an end-of-year performance by the young students for friends and family, so a few hundred at most probably. Ideally the venue will have a piano and a PA system would be good too.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭GoldenGreen

shayser wrote: »
    I'm trying to find a venue in Letterkenny for a kids concert. There will be individual and group performances by about 80 teenagers.

The RCC don't have anything thing available and the theatre doesn't have the weekend availability that we need.

It doesn't have to be very large venue. It's not a commercial venture, just an end-of-year performance by the young students for friends and family, so a few hundred at most probably. Ideally the venue will have a piano and a PA system would be good too.

I take it as you have about 80 people taking part you really need a proper stage with a good back stage area. Maybe St Eunans college or the convent, as they would have facilities like that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭shayser

Thanks, have sent off an email to both. And the LYIT.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭dilapidating

The leisure centre in Letterkenny maybe.
    I know they do the Road Safety Show for a few hundred schoolchildren so i'd say they have the necessary equipment.

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭mistermouse

Forget the Leisure Centre, they are very expensive and do not have most of the facilities needed.

Neither do most venues but you would get a better deal from the likes of the community centre, schools or GAA club I would imagine

Advertisement