Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Terryglass / Dromineer / Killaloe ?

• 21-10-2010 4:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭

Hi
    Bit short notice but hope someone can advise.
    We are going away for the long weekend and leaving tonight heading for Kerry.
    Want to stop overnight on the way Dub side of Limerick
    I was thinking of staying at one of the harbours along Lough Derg amd wondering which is the safest for campers?
    I am a bit wary of wild camping with the kids aboard so omewhere quiet would be great.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭redcube

I used to live near Killaloe very nice place and it quiet there is a few place to park up for the night too hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭bido

The people of Askeaton, County Limerick are hoping that the Republic of Ireland’s only service point for motorhomes will provide a significant boost to the local economy
    You could try here we have stayed there twice on the way to Kerry.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭connel42

Thanks for the suggestions - we ended up staying in Dromineer Harbour and it was great.
    We have one of the service cards for the facilities along the Shannon so we could us the loo and showers if we wanted.
    Plenty of access to fresh water and a playground - ideal.
    I suppose the harbours along the shannon are in effect Aires de Service.
    Currently in Caherdaniel and heading back tomorrow but thinking of staying overnight in the Aire in Askeaton - looks fine - is it quiet there and safe to overnight?

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭bido

Hope you enjoyed Caherdaniel we have family connections down there, that site is one of the best in the Country.
    We stayed in Askeaton Aire in Dec.08.everything froze during the night the water tap was frozen in the morning the one in the local garage was also frozen but off we headed to Kerry for a few days.
    We stayed there during the summer 09 on the way to Kerry everything went Ok on the site.
    It is situated beside the swimming pool. On your way in to the aire you pass settled travellers houses on the left and there was some piball ponies grazing around the site, Having said that we found the site clean and very quiet during the night and would stay there again no problem.:D

Advertisement