Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So which broadband provider do i choose in tipperary?

• 21-10-2010 5:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 942 ✭✭✭

So the fact is eircom have brought in this NGB with 10Gb limit on 1Mb line.
    fail for them if you ask me.
    I and am living with parents at the moment + my mother wants to keep eircom phone (long story)
    so i need just a broadband connection

ok iv been looking around. What i want.
    -50Gb limit minimum
    -Speed any >1Mb
    -cheap

so i go and check the companies. none specify locations. although it seems i can get digiweb, eircom, bt, magent according to broadband information on a tipperary website.
    check each companies offers. a typical example is digiweb
    30 euro per month, 3Mb, 60gb allowance. then this is always at the bottom in variable amounts
    All prices include VAT. Active Telephone line required. Line rental €25.36 excluded from price

its really bugging me when i already have a phone line thats being payed for. is there no possibility of having broadband from one company and phone from another?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭Cat Melodeon

All prices include VAT. Active Telephone line required. Line rental €25.36 excluded from price

its really bugging me when i already have a phone line thats being payed for. is there no possibility of having broadband from one company and phone from another?

Does that not just mean that you need an active phone line from any provider, but if you get the line from the broadband company you will have to pay them line rental as an extra?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 942 ✭✭✭kenyard

i assumed it meant that to provide broadband to me they have to rent the line put in by some other company and thats where it comes from.
    but yeah i dont know and its also another good point. if its not actually an additional cost then its great. ill call them tomorrow and find out. i would also like to know what options are available to me company wise. some look ok some very expensive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

All operators can provide eircom DSL without you having to pay the line rental to them, you just pay that to eircom. They don't have to offer it though, and I'm not sure if any of them still do. DSL is often sold as a loss-leader by the re-sellers, they want you for the lucrative call charges and bundles.

You'll have to check with each provider to see if they'll sell you the broadband alone and leave the rental and calls with eircom. If they don't, then you're stuck with eircom for DSL too.

Advertisement