Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Parade

Options
  • 21-10-2010 5:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭

Whats happening down there I thought a load of travellers had moved in for a sec but then I saw workers. Whats going on?:confused:

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Food festival

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Exciting stuff!:D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

It's actually worth a goo, I worked in the Rivercourt for it a couple of years ago.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

It's €5 to have a goo. It's a bit sill to have to pay to use what is a public thoroughfare. I will passing on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭rayc

catbear wrote: »
    It's €5 to have a goo. It's a bit sill to have to pay to use what is a public thoroughfare. I will passing on this.

Yeah I thought that was a bit of a stupid decision myself, especially when you had the 10 day long harvest festival in Waterford only a few weeks ago which was free... and there'll probably be some overlap between the two.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭ottostreet

Savour Kilkenny is on

ottostreet wrote: »
    Savour Kilkenny is on
    The €5 tax to enter a public space is very unsavoury and undigestible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭asimonov

To be honest the waterford festival was heavily bank rolled by the local authority there - the Savour Festival is volunteer run and has to pretty much self finance itself. If it could be free into the parade area it would be; overall its good for kilkenny though.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭frankie2shoes

do you get anything for your fiver?
    thought you'd at least get a few food samples......

I believe you get samples and can attend some demos but why bother paying for it. I was walking past around five and they weren't charging admission. I guess they gave up on that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Absolute Zero

Plug wrote: »
    Whats happening down there I thought a load of travellers had moved in for a sec but then I saw workers. Whats going on?:confused:

your not too far off with the knackers, they were all over town today the little sh1theads causing havok. Good old superknacks being terrorized by them coming in on bikes and all.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

your not too far off with the knackers, they were all over town today the little sh1theads causing havok. Good old superknacks being terrorized by them coming in on bikes and all.
    Yeah, listening to the wolfe tones, dubliners etc, eating salid burgers and drinking cans of Karpackie. Trotting bare back on pieballs the size of big dogs wipping the poor thing. Its basically a big dirty carty party.

Savour is setting up again, anyone know if they're taxing the publics to enter for the privilege of spending money?

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Threadhead

From what I've heard, they are. Which considering the backlash it got last year is a little stupid. It's ridiculous, really.

twats. I use the parade to access town everyday and last year it was a really hassle. They had shunted pedestrian traffic into the narrowest possible passage whereby it was single file walk from town to the park. Chaos when buggy and wheelchairs met.

I brought it up their security staff but they told to f off. I'm not against the parade being used for event as long as it is used well and general access is maintained.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭hi5

Thats public space ,we paid/pay for it from our taxes.
    The council shouldnt be whoring out to the public what rightly belongs to the public anyway.
    Theres plenty of private space like hotels for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭fabbydabby

Have we confirmation that one must pay to gain admission? I must say that I do like the idea of this festival.

I like savouring things.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

Access to the Parade Plaza market this year is now free of charge

http://savourkilkenny.com/tickets/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

Jesus, this is complicated.

Firstly they say:
    Tickets for the 2011 Savour Kilkenny Food Festival are available online here through SavourKilkenny.com (see links below)
    Yet when you look below there's no tickets for sale at all. Instead they introduce for the first time the idea of a festival wristband which they say is:
    marked WB in the programme
    So you go looking for the program page and then discover it is actually called 'events' and not program, and that's why you couldn't find it.

You check out what the WB gets you into, and you see that while some events are marked WB, others have a charge.

Right, you're thinking... so I wouldn't mind hitting the pig on a spit which is marked €7. How do I book that?

It doesn't say!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Dymo

On Ireland am yesterday, they were promoting this,except this year the charge for the privilege to attend will. be €10

• Advertisement

As long as I can pass through I don't care.

Advertisement