Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 quick questions

Options
  • 21-10-2010 6:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭

1) Im hearing on the news about new EU laws regarding Paternity leave, does anyone know when this will take effect?

2) Just curious, but do delivery rooms have PC's for doctor/midwife use? Im putting together a ''Man bag'' for what might be a long labour. Bottled water, energy drink, smokes etc but the only way I can charge my phone atm is from a PC/laptop so im just wondering. Holles St in particuler.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

1) No idea, but I'm sure it's going to be a while :(

2) I know the Rotunda and the Coombe have not got PC's in the delivery rooms, just the trace machines.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

They are not new laws yet and might never be.
    Get a usb plug/car adapter to charge phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

No Holles st do not have pc's in the delivery room, but you'll have to keep your phone off in the delivery suite anyway so it won't be using any charge.

Mobiles really do interfere with the trace machines, I've seen it wi th my own 2 eyes, so even if your wife is not on one, a woman in another room may be, so you will have to keep it off and leave the delivery ward to make any calls.

Advertisement