Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Photos, Names & Addresses of Gays In Paper With Instructions: "Hang Them"

• 21-10-2010 6:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/10/19/AR2010101903438.html?sub=AR
    KAMPALA, Uganda -- The front-page newspaper story featured a list of Uganda's 100 "top" homosexuals, with a bright yellow banner across it that read: "Hang Them." Alongside their photos were the men's names and addresses.

In the days since it was published, at least four gay Ugandans on the list have been attacked and many others are in hiding, according to rights activist Julian Onziema. One person named in the story had stones thrown at his house by neighbors.

I don't even know what to say to that. :(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Bit harsh there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭foxinsox

liah wrote: »

That is pretty sick alright.

Words fail me too :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

What qualifies you as being a 'top' homosexual?

If I was a homosexual in Uganda and I didn't appear on that list, a part of me would be a little relieved but my confidence would have taken a bit of a knocking tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,565 ✭✭✭southsiderosie

I wish American evangelicals would stop spreading their special brand of crazy all over the globe. Most sub-Saharan African countries have enough problems as it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

Fizman wrote: »

If I was a homosexual in Uganda and I didn't appear on that list, a part of me would be a little relieved but my confidence would have taken a bit of a knocking tbh.

exactly ! was it a survey or did some Ugandan journalist just have a really good weekend

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭marcsignal

I blame the Ugandan Gutter Press :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

marcsignal wrote: »

terrorised with a "monster whopper", dont think burger king intended that for their burgers!!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭imitation

Thought you were talking about the daily mail there for a minute.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

I notice the "news" paper is called Rolling Stone. I'd love it if the American Rolling Stone magazine sued them for copyright infringement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

I'd be more afraid of the 'bottom' homosexuals...*

*not a homophobic comment humour only

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭0verblood

That paper is called the Red Pepper, I read it on many a morning Kampala, fcukin right laugh so it is! One front page story I saw was "Woman bonked to death by husbands huge whopper". It showed a picture of his wife lying on the floor dead as a doorknob with a caption: "Police classified his penis as a weapon of mass destruction."

Here's a video of a Ugandan pastor ranting and raving about gays

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euXQbZDwV0w

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Indeed.
    How does a gay person make it into the top 100?

Would you have to be highly proficient at making cocktails and doing other stereotypical gay stuff?

Also, did any women make the list? If so, are they hot?
    I wish American evangelicals would stop spreading their special brand of crazy all over the globe. Most sub-Saharan African countries have enough problems as it is.

I know you're American, but we've sent our own special brand of God botherers to Africa. The ones who spread Pope Benny's message that condoms contribute to the spread of HIV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭PanchoVilla

The legislation was drawn up following a visit by leaders of U.S. conservative Christian ministries that promote therapy they say allows gays to become heterosexual.

It all becomes a bit clearer now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭The Aussie

Yeh well, for once ive got nothing here, what can you say,
    bono cancel their debt,
    No still nothing, crazy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭curlzy

I knew I shouldn't click on this thread, but I did and now I'm all bummed out again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Dan Chipowski

Pastor Martin Ssempa will be happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,565 ✭✭✭southsiderosie

Pastor Martin Ssempa will be happy.

Is that the "eat da poo poo" dude? :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Dan Chipowski

Is that the "eat da poo poo" dude? :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭curlzy

Tell me that's not a real pastor???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭The Aussie

The Pastor is into Scat sites, cool...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,702 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

Theres an old saying:

Everybody stutters one way or the other

So check out my message to you.

As a matter of fact don't let nothin' hold you back.

If the Scatman can do it so can you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

That pastor seems to have very detailed information. Now i wonder how he got that.:rolleyes:

Seriously though what that newspaper did is pretty sickening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

Human race fail.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

curlzy wrote: »
    Tell me that's not a real pastor???

OKay. He's nota real pastor.
    He actually s

:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

The sad part is, Ireland gives so much money to Uganda every year as bilateral aid. They spend it on war airplanes and bringing the death penalty for gay people, their friends and their families. Does the government do anything substantial about it? No. They just write their letters and watch people wait to be executed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Chorcai

Just one of the many reason I don't bother my hole giving money to Africa, charity starts at home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

I wish American Evangelical Christians would stop spreading their special brand of crazy all over the globe. Most sub-Saharan African countries have enough problems as it is.

Fixed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭ascanbe

'Boy drags flashy man of God to police for terrorising his buttocks with monster whopper' is the greatest sub-heading ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

wow Uganda is ADVANCED

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

Chorcai wrote: »
    Just one of the many reason I don't bother my hole giving money to Africa, charity starts at home.

No I mean its in the actual government budget. We don't get to choose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭storm2811

No I mean its in the actual government budget. We don't get to choose.

6 hundred million euro.

Anyway, that article is sickening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

...I think its a Ugandan rank equivalent to 'Gaylord'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

The "Eat da poo poo" film is so funny though that it kinda takes from the awfulness of its sentiment. :o

Speaker: "The man sticks his tongue into the other man's anus like this (demonstrates with tongue on hand) and licks it."

Other guy (muttering): "Like an ice cream."

Speaker: "Yes, like an ice cream!"

Speaker: "Then he eats the poo poo... then he smears the poo poo all over the other man's face."

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Hehe, it's like the US anti-communist drive in the 60's. OP, you worry too much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

charity starts at home.
    I'd personally consider a charity for e.g. the Pakistan earthquake more worthy of my money than an Irish charity. To me, charity begins where it's needed most.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,204 ✭✭✭FoxT

that the 'top' gayboys would be well hung as things are. Am I missing something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Chorcai

Dudess wrote: »
    I'd personally consider a charity for e.g. the Pakistan earthquake more worthy of my money than an Irish charity. To me, charity begins where it's needed most.

6 hundered million a year, I can think of a lot more better things to do with it that starts here at home in Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭storm2811

6 hundered million a year, I can think of a lot more better things to do with it that starts here at home in Ireland.

I think she meant in emergency situations, like the Pakistan floods, Haiti, the tsunami, etc. Where aid would be urgently needed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

They eat da poo poo... like ice cream

Uganda Africa

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

In fairness, they have seriously backed off now - a huge number of the most prominant individuals came out against the anti-gay bill a while back.

Turns out that killing gays was a step too far for most of them.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,555 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Because Africa isn't capable of coming up with its own unique brand of lunacy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

liah wrote: »

I will never ever understand why some people feel so threatened by what other people do in their bedrooms... :(

Advertisement