Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

no Internet access - Who's fault Eircom or Magnet?

• 21-10-2010 6:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hello!

I have an active Telephone Line from Eircom and i recently got my Modem (tiny black Zyxel Router) and all my informations from Magnet.

Now i plugged it in and i got Power, WLAN and DSL leds on.
    No Internet, cuz i did not type in my username and password.

I called Magnet because i couldn't enter the the Routersettings.
    They guide me through and even helped me set up my router.

As i said i am using WLAN.
    So yah, we set it up all right, username, password, DNS and whatever you can imagine but still... no internet.
    We played around for 1 hour, no chance.

Magnet tells me they gonna call me back which they did after 2 hours.
    We tried again EVERYTHING and no chance.
    Agent told me she is gonna call me back... which she did and she told me that she "restarted" (?) my profil and still nothing.
    No Internet LED is shining on my Router.

Now the agent told me she is gonna give that issue to Eircom, and i was curious... Eircom??

I worked for 5 years at a ISP Company and i know that Router very well.
    DSL is the Line and DSL was shining so the line is there and active, if Internet is not shining on the Router that means that there is something wrong with either my Username/Password or something is wrong at Magnet with me authenticate with them.

Kinda sucks, we've been waiting here in the house for almost 3 months for telephon and internet and now i got everything and nothing works lol

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

It does sound like a Magnet issue, since the DSL light is active. Guess you'll have to wait for a call back to see if they can resolve it. In the mean time, you could keep checking to see if the Internet light does come on.

• Company Representative Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭Magnet: Rory

Can I do anything to help here?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Ceril

I dunno if you can to be honest.

Eircom called me today and asked whats wrong, cuz the Line is up and running perfectly.
    I told Eircom that i actually dont know why they called you because i even agree that the line is up or else DSL wouldn't be there on the router.
    Then he said he can come to me and check out the telephone box and such but that would cast me 100 Euro, but he said there is no need and i agreed with him so then he hung up.

1 hour later Magnet calles me saying "eircom fixed the issue on the line", there wasn't any issue...... and now the agent told me to go back to the router settings and enter my username/password - still did not work.
    Then she gave me another different Username and Password, did not work as well.

Then the agent told me they are gonna send me a new router which will arrive on Tuesday.
    Anyone wanna bet with me that its still not gonna work with the new router?

• Company Representative Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭Magnet: Rory

Ceril wrote: »
    I dunno if you can to be honest.

Eircom called me today and asked whats wrong, cuz the Line is up and running perfectly.
    I told Eircom that i actually dont know why they called you because i even agree that the line is up or else DSL wouldn't be there on the router.
    Then he said he can come to me and check out the telephone box and such but that would cast me 100 Euro, but he said there is no need and i agreed with him so then he hung up.

1 hour later Magnet calles me saying "eircom fixed the issue on the line", there wasn't any issue...... and now the agent told me to go back to the router settings and enter my username/password - still did not work.
    Then she gave me another different Username and Password, did not work as well.

Then the agent told me they are gonna send me a new router which will arrive on Tuesday.
    Anyone wanna bet with me that its still not gonna work with the new router?

Can you PM me (with account name/account number) and I can look into this in more detail?

Advertisement