Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need some help.

Options
  • 21-10-2010 6:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

Hey everyone, I'm useless with computers, but I do know I have to buy a new one, this one I'm using has had better days and is a right age. So much so infact that it didn't even play football manager 2010, which is a pretty undemanding game for a PC I would have thought and a favourite hobby of mine.

This is the specs of the computer I have been thinking about:

ProcessorAMD Phenom II X2 545 Processor
    - 3.0 GHz
    - 2.0 GHz HT
    - 6MB L3CacheOperating System RAM- 4 GB installed DDR2 RAM
    - 4GB maximum RAM capacityGraphics cardATI Radeon HD 5550
    - 512GB dedicated GDDR5 memory

So clearly the new PC has enough memory to run the game - But its the graphics I am not sure about, which is why I posted here.

And these are the specs of FM manager 2011:

- Processor: XP : 1.4GHz or Faster, Vista/W7 : 2.0GHz or Faster
    - Memory: XP : 512MB RAM, Vista/W7 : 1.0GB RAM
    - Graphics: 128MB Supported Chipsets – Nvidia FX 5900 Ultra or greater; ATI Radeon 9800 or greater; Intel 82915G/82910GL or greater. Earlier cards may only display 2D Match Viewer Mode and are not supported
    - DirectX: Version 9.0c (included)
    - Hard Drive: 2GB
    - Sound: DirectX 9.0c compatible

(I think these are minimum requirements)

Can anyone help with this because I am thinking of purchasing in the next few weeks, if anyone has any thoughts about the forementioned specs of the PC feel free to advise,
    Thanks for your time.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

It'll run it, but the HD5550 is dung :o

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭UUJ_Lad

Thanks for the reply, I'm not really that good with the graphics card bit at all.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Don't sweat it. The HD5550 is a current card, but its one of the cheaper (not the worst mind) HD5000 cards and is more designed for HD multimedia rather than 3D acceleration, although it can still handle older games or less intensive newer ones at lowish resolutions :)

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭UUJ_Lad

I wouldn't be really one for big gaming on the PC but aslong as it runs that game I won't mind. Not made up my mind totally yet, but I'll get a chat to some of the guys in store and perhaps we can work something out anway, at least I have the HD5550 as a minimum and I can always upgrade at a later date :)

Advertisement