Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas party recommendations

Options
  • 21-10-2010 7:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭

A gang of us from work (about 12 or so) are planning a Christmas party to try and drink ourselves through the recession. Some of the restaurants in town are still charging exorbatant prices for their menus and we are basically looking for a main course and a scatter of pints and a bit of craic on a Friday night. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Aimee30

Crowes...
    Buskers...
    ThE Living room...
    i Really like the huntsman, out near the the eye cinema.
    or you could even go to a pub! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭magentas

if it's only casual and you're more out for the pints just get pub grub somewhere like the dail

much cheaper than a restaurant and less formal, more fun!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭Shanley

I suggest the TownHouse Bar, lovely food at a great price & is usually busy on a Fri night

Check out their website for menus etc www.townhousebar.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭dec25532

Thanks for advice. Checked the Townhouse website but cannot get their menu up but maybe its my computer. Had lunch there lately and it seemed so disorganised. The Dail is an option for a main course and pints ... that is what we are looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭lasair

Dec PM me your email address and I will send you on the Christmas Menu's for The Forster Court Hotel

• Advertisement

PM sent. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭JnarF

The Oslo, or Mustard. Great food, great drink. Yes I know they're a little dear but I'm happy to pay for the privilege.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭Dr McManus

Sheridans, Knocknacara.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭dolphin city

Kirby's is great - they have the value meal plus a free drink in buskers afterwards. Check that out.

Or if not, why not go to Monroes- they have a great menu for various prices and also great pizza - and free entertainment. Then if you feel like continuing on the party you can just head upstairs to their live venue.

Kirby's/buskers have a two course offer for €22.50 plus a free drink afterwards which is not bad even if it was a little more than we had planned to pay but a great suggestion.

• Advertisement
Advertisement