Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

San Shou

• 21-10-2010 7:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭

Hey I just started San Shou last week and I will be training once a week for an hour and a half, maybe twice and I was wondering how long people wait until they start going into competition? I would guess I should wait about a year?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭dave80

Hey I just started San Shou last week and I will be training once a week for an hour and a half, maybe twice and I was wondering how long people wait until they start going into competition? I would guess I should wait about a year?

depends on a lot of things really, how often you train and how good you progress, training once a week isnt really going to get you ready for comps any time soon, shoot for 3 times and in six months you could be ready?

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭CrashBandicoot Girl

dave80 wrote: »
    depends on a lot of things really, how often you train and how good you progress, training once a week isnt really going to get you ready for comps any time soon, shoot for 3 times and in six months you could be ready?

Well Im more looking for an estimate from what Im doing now because I can use the estimate to help push and drive me. And I cant start until next year anyway so I just would like to hear if people think thats possible from what Im doing at the mo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭dave80

Well Im more looking for an estimate from what Im doing now because I can use the estimate to help push and drive me. And I cant start until next year anyway so I just would like to hear if people think thats possible from what Im doing at the mo.

Ok at your current training frequency you could be ready in a year maybe

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭OLDMAN1

im really sorry, but you will never be ready for a sanshou competition training once a week...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭Niall Keane

"maybe" twice try make it twice at least to start, you have to train the nervous system to behave! Get used to the format! I know you said you cant compete for a year, so if you can stretch to twice a week over that time you'll pick up some basics, course it all depends on what you wan to achieve?
    You could train three times a week and you're flipping a coin or else very gifted if you expect to win decent competitions? I've won and trained many other to win many internationals, my fighters train 6 days a week with a day off to recover, that includes 3 full contact sparring nights, we never delude ourselves with light sparring, some of the lads also train in the Vos fighter gym not public in holland with K1 fighters, they train similarly no light bull****! That's what it takes if you're serious.
    Don't end up a journeyman making others look good by beating you up, se out to be the best, or you've already lost!
    You'll enjoy that challenge more too!
    All te best,
    Niall

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭CrashBandicoot Girl

I say 'maybe' twice because there is only one teen San Shou class where I train which is on once a week so Im trying to find somewhere else. Anyone know another place in Dublin, preferably to the south/ south east that does it for teens other than the place in Deansgrange?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 224 ✭✭paul moran

Hello op, you have a pm!

Advertisement