Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buses to rathfarnham

Options
  • 21-10-2010 8:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭

Hi. Can anyone tell me what buses run to Rathfarnham. Im coming from the Northside. I checked Dublin bus website but it left me baffled!!

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

smokey32 wrote: »
    Hi. Can anyone tell me what buses run to Rathfarnham. Im coming from the Northside. I checked Dublin bus website but it left me baffled!!

The 16 bus passes thru a good bit of the northside, goes from santry through drumcondra I think, 16A from the airport out,

Nick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭smokey32

yoyo wrote: »
    The 16 bus passes thru a good bit of the northside, goes from santry through drumcondra I think, 16A from the airport out,

Nick
    Thanks Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭KC61

16 goes from Santry via Beaumont, Drumcondra, City Centre (O'Connell Street), Harolds X and Terenure to Rathfarnham and on to Ballinteer via Grange Road.

16a goes from Dublin Airport via Beaumont, Drumcondra, City Centre (O'Connell Street), Harolds X and Terenure to Rathfarnham and on to Churchtown (Nutgrove Avenue).

74a goes from Grand Canal Dock via City Centre (College Street), Rathmines, Rathgar to Rathfarnham and onto Ballyboden to Stocking Avenue.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Dublin South West is very poorly serviced by public transport. To get to Rathfarnham in general the 16 is your man, but there may be a better bus depending on exactly where you're trying to get to.

OP - I should have included the 15b which runs from City Centre (Eden Quay) via Rathmines, Rathgar, Terenure and Templeogue to Rathfarnham Shopping Centre and onto Ballyboden and Whitechurch.
    seamus wrote: »
    Dublin South West is very poorly serviced by public transport. To get to Rathfarnham in general the 16 is your man, but there may be a better bus depending on exactly where you're trying to get to.

I would hardly call a bus every 10 minutes on the Rathfarnham Road (off-peak) poorly served?

Similarly between the 15, 15b, 49, 65/b and 74 on Templeogue Road there is a bus at least every 10 minutes off-peak if not more frequently.

Peak frequencies on both corridors are every 5 minutes or less.

The issue in the area is not the service level - it is the traffic congestion that the buses have to negotiate en route.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭woolymammoth

The dublin bus site is horrible. And it's new, isn't? The guy who signed off on that should be shot.

Posted before, but useful: http://mkmap.com/dublin

As is happens, i was on the 16a on monday, Nutgrove to Drumcondra took about 55 mins, reverse journey was about 10 mins less i think.

The dublin bus site is horrible. And it's new, isn't? The guy who signed off on that should be shot.

Posted before, but useful: http://mkmap.com/dublin

As is happens, i was on the 16a on monday, Nutgrove to Drumcondra took about 55 mins, reverse journey was about 10 mins less i think.

Given the many ongoing changes - I would ignore that site as it is now out of date.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭woolymammoth

KC61 wrote: »
    Given the many ongoing changes - I would ignore that site as it is now out of date.
    :( would it be fair to say the routes are the same but many of them are dead? or have some routes altered entirely?

:( would it be fair to say the routes are the same but many of them are dead? or have some routes altered entirely?

Many are dead/changed.

Advertisement