Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BBC 2 Northern Ireland Technical Fault

• 21-10-2010 8:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Just after the transponder changes BBC NI on the Sky EPG on my HD box went blank with a "Technical Fault" message. Trying to pull in the channel with the Other Channels option gave the same result. I can tune in other regional versions of BBC2 but the one on the EPG is not working.

I mailed Sky Tech support and they said:

Thank you for your email about no longer being able to receive BBC2 NI. On checking with our programming department, they advised that the BBC had a reshuffle of their channels & broadcasting them through Sky and they decided not to show BBC2 NI through the Sky Platform, which means that they may stop other BBC channels soon, which Sky as no control over as these are not our channels. If you wish to continue to receive BBC1 NI, you can contact the BB or get the frequencies off the Internet & tune them into your Sky box, but we would not be able to provide the frequencies or advise on how to do this.

I hope this helps with your enquiry.

Thanks
    Cheryl

Sky Help Centre

Not really...

So are Sky Ireland saying that what little BBC they have is about to disappear?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭John mac

did you try unplugging your sky box and re booting it.

should bring it back.

Edit: i still have bbc2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

You might want to forward that bull**** reply to someone more higher up at Sky. That reads to me like someone is fobbing you off.

Let me ask if anybody else on this board is missing BBC2 NI?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭slegs

if that is a real email from Sky, I am the queen of Sheeba

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 820 ✭✭✭SRB

Forward the whole e-mail to BBC NI, I'm sure they'd be more than interested !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    You might want to forward that bull**** reply to someone more higher up at Sky. That reads to me like someone is fobbing you off.

Let me ask if anybody else on this board is missing BBC2 NI?
    Not on a Sky box, but I've lost both BBC1 & BBC2 NI off my Edision combi box since last weekend. Still have the English variants of the channels (which I preferred anyway) THOUGH.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

blueser wrote: »
    Not on a Sky box, but I've lost both BBC1 & BBC2 NI off my Edision combi box since last weekend. Still have the English variants of the channels (which I preferred anyway) THOUGH.

See stickie at the top of the forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    See stickie at the top of the forum.
    Thanks for that. Anyone know how to manually tune in channels onto an Edision box? Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 rogert

Thanks John Mac - I unplugged the Sky HD box and BBC 2 NI returned.

I will post any further reply from Sky support up as the first was very misleading, I wonder if the Tech was from the UK and did not know what BBC2 NI was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,712 ✭✭✭Speak Now

It's Cbeebies that has a technical fault on mine since yesterday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,338 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Read the sticky thread its not a technical fault.

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,712 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Thanks guys!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 305 ✭✭reaper180

blueser wrote: »
    Thanks for that. Anyone know how to manually tune in channels onto an Edision box? Cheers.
    hi blueser
    press menu then satellite installation press the yellow button (tp edit)change frequency to 10818 symbol rate 22000 polar vertical, then press the red button ( tp scan),, then scan mode chage to free, program type tv then ok to search that should do it for ya, theyll come in at the bottom of all your channel list,, you can then move them to where you want

Advertisement