Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Could I be???

Options
  • 21-10-2010 8:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭

My period is a day late so i took one of those cheapy tests that I bought in bulk off the net - as I never know when I ovulate I dipped the ovulation stick and the pregnancy test - since neither showed anything immediately I went to make some tea and read my emails and when I came back the ovulation stick was positive and then when I looked at the pregnancy test there was a faint pink line

It was faint but it was there but I dont know if its real as I left the test for about half an hour

I am terribly afraid to get my hopes up nor share with my OH :confused::confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭cinderella2010

Update - I did another test this am
    again nothing showed immediately so I jumped in the shower for a few mins
    on exiting the shower there was the faint pink line again only not as faint but still faint.

Is this REAL -

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭Nicki123

I can only tell you my experience when expecting my daughter. I did a test and nothing came up in the test window within the allotted time so I just left it on the side in the bathroom. Later on I came back and noticed that there was a very faint 2nd line there. I got so excited I got one of the branded sticks to pee on and sure enough the line came up on that ( it was 1st Repsonse) straight away.

However I know that the tests all specifically warn about evaporation lines so don't get too excited yet. Maybe get a branded test to use and if you are pregnant the hcg levels will go up pretty quickly at this stage so normally you'll get a postive quite quickly.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you x

Ok I will get a clear blue and a First Response and do them tomorrow morning

• Registered Users Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

The digital ones give you a clear yes/no - expensive but worth it. Good luck!

Thanks I will be doing that after work

What I can't figure out is why the ovulation one was positive too
    WEIRD

• Advertisement

Its official I am PREGNANT

I cant get my head around it

After trying for so long to finally see a positive result - and I have done about 8 now all positive OMG

I dont feel any different I always thought that I would

Its official I am PREGNANT

I cant get my head around it

After trying for so long to finally see a positive result - and I have done about 8 now all positive OMG

I dont feel any different I always thought that I would
    I knew it - am thrilled for you!

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭Nicki123

Ah I'm made up for you. Delighted to hear you got your good news and finally peeing on all those sticks turned up the right answer for you :)
    I wish you a very happy and healthy 9 months xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭lonestargirl

Congratulations, let's hope your good luck spreads to the rest of those in the TTC forum.

Baby Dust to all xxxxxxxxxxx

its though tcc and very stressful which doesn't help matters

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

Congratulations Cinderella, such wonderful news!! Wishing you a very happy & healthy pregnancy x

• Registered Users Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭Miaireland

Congratulations.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Skadi

Congrats. I am delighted for you. Hope everything works out fine.

Regarding the Ovulation test showing positive. HCG and LH are very similar from a molecular (base) level. As i never managed to test my correct time of ovulation i found them a great use when I didn't want to waste the pregnancy tests but still needed to convince myself I am pregnant.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭DetectivFoxtrot

Congrats Cinderella, have a healthy & happy nine months ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Silcocky

Hi Girls,

I'm feelin' exactly like Cinderella was ten days ago, and really hoping I get the same outcome...

Faint line on two cheapies (same sample) last night - I dipped the second one in case the first was an evap line, but both were visible (to OH too - I'm defo not seeing things!!). :D
    Though I promised him I'd wait til tomorrow to do a test, I got up at seven this morning (about 14hrs after original sample) and did another two :o
    There was a line on each, but it was fainter than last night. Hoping against hope it wasn't a chemical pregnancy...
    Have a ClearBlue (or three!) for tonight, tomorrow and Thurs....just in case I need them. Due period anywhere between tomorrow and Thurs, so hoping I didn't succumb to the early testing curse ;)

Here's hoping we're all for a sober Christmas!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

Silcocky wrote: »
    Hi Girls,

I'm feelin' exactly like Cinderella was ten days ago, and really hoping I get the same outcome...

Faint line on two cheapies (same sample) last night - I dipped the second one in case the first was an evap line, but both were visible (to OH too - I'm defo not seeing things!!). :D
    Though I promised him I'd wait til tomorrow to do a test, I got up at seven this morning (about 14hrs after original sample) and did another two :o
    There was a line on each, but it was fainter than last night. Hoping against hope it wasn't a chemical pregnancy...
    Have a ClearBlue (or three!) for tonight, tomorrow and Thurs....just in case I need them. Due period anywhere between tomorrow and Thurs, so hoping I didn't succumb to the early testing curse ;)

Here's hoping we're all for a sober Christmas!

Best of luck, its so hard to tell during those crucial couple of days with hcg levels so low but (hopefully!) creeping up!! I know ur probably dying to fastforward a few days so that you can get a definitive answer! I really hope you get the positive your hoping for!!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Silcocky

Well Ladies,

Did a cheapie last night and nothing at all....couldn't even pretend to imagine I could see anything. Very disheartened....OH was still positive but I wasn't, was sure it was too good to be true.

But.....

At half three this morning (my first morning sample!), I'm pretty sure I woke half the neighbourhood with my screaming - poor DP got the fright of his life when this maniac came running towards him in the dark waving the stick! Digital CB - Pregnant 1-2 Weeks past ovulation!

I've a million questions and I'm wrecked (who could go back to sleep after that?!) but so happy. Have the OH praying up a storm (not my thing!) that all is well.

As I said in another thread, I'm a long-time lurker...but I've been following everyones stories - wishing the best of everything to you all.

:D

Silcocky wrote: »
    Well Ladies,

Did a cheapie last night and nothing at all....couldn't even pretend to imagine I could see anything. Very disheartened....OH was still positive but I wasn't, was sure it was too good to be true.

But.....

At half three this morning (my first morning sample!), I'm pretty sure I woke half the neighbourhood with my screaming - poor DP got the fright of his life when this maniac came running towards him in the dark waving the stick! Digital CB - Pregnant 1-2 Weeks past ovulation!

I've a million questions and I'm wrecked (who could go back to sleep after that?!) but so happy. Have the OH praying up a storm (not my thing!) that all is well.

As I said in another thread, I'm a long-time lurker...but I've been following everyones stories - wishing the best of everything to you all.

:D
    Am so happy for you :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Congratulations Silcocky hope all goes well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

Congratulations!!! Thats great news!
    Hopefully be joining you soon...ive decided accupuncture is the way forward, might be too late for this month by the time i get it organised as works mad, but def next month!!
    Anyway, huge congratulations, im glad you didnt have to wait another few days to get your BFP, lovely news:D

• Advertisement

Silcocky that is fantastic news - congratulations and I wish you a happy and healthy pregnancy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭DetectivFoxtrot

Congrats to you Silcocky, have a happy and healthy 9 months ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 catspajamas

Congrats Girls :D:D:D

as a parent I can say its the hardest job in the world - but is also the very best

wishing you love & happiness ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 22 JustPassinThru

Hi,

I decided to post this here as I didn't want to start a new thread about the same thing - hope thats ok!! Anyway - have been unofficially TTC for a few months. My cycle is aprox 33 days each month and have been working out my ovulation dates from that - and also sort of keeping an eye on other things. I am wondering how soon I can actually start to notice symptoms - I have about a week to wait til my period should be due so I am thinking that if I was it may be too early to even notice anything.

My breasts are really tender, I have 'period-like' cramps only less intense, I feel a lot hungrier than before and I just feel sometimes not like I have cramps but 'different' - is hard to explain. I know that I could be just hyper-vigilant and noticing everything - but this is the first month that I have noticed these things. I could be getting an early period but usually I feel very sick in the week before my period begins and I have none of that this time.

I dont want to go buy a test because every month I tell myself that I wont and then two days before I am due my period I am in the chemist - this time I am determined to wait it out.

I am probably not - so don't be afraid to reply that I am probably not - I just wanted somewhere to share and wonder 'what if'!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

Early pregnancy symptoms are so much like pre period symptoms that its so hard to say. Of course if you have been trying there is definately a chance!

I hope this is your month! Good luck :)

Thanks CCL - I don't want to get all hopefull. Everytime I have any type of stomach pain my OH says 'maybe you are pregnant' - so I am staying quiet as I dont want him to get his hopes up. I am still determined to wait for a missed period - although worrying that I may be pregnant might actually delay it!!

Fingers crossed for you, I hope the next few days don't pass too slow for you so you'll know one way or another!

Thanks guys...unfortunately my period started last night. Am so disappointed. My period is early - Friday & Saturday I had 'spotting' that wasn't at all like a normal period so I was sort of convincing myself it may be implantation bleeding or something as it was 10 to 12 days after ovulation and a few days before my period - so it was possible!!

I have been through this disappointment before - but for some reason this month is worse. Maybe it is because I was so sure that I may have been pregnant this time.

I know that we have only been trying for a while - but it is so hard each month.

Am just having a bad day I guess - will pick myself tomorrow and start all over again!!

JustPassinThru I'm so sorry to hear that. Here's hoping next month will be your month x

I'm due my period any minute now, trying not to get my hopes up too much as in October I was late a week but periods came & like you I felt so upset.

Chin up :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Kristineh

Hi I am looking for a bit of advice,
    I think I might be pregnant but not sure.... I cant be sure when I got my last period but I think it was in and around 15-20th November time.. Then me and my partner had unprotected sex last weekend 11th December... I am afraid to take a test in case it s too soon to tell if I am pregnant but I need to put my mind at wase before xmas as it is stressing the two of us out. Can anyone calculate if I might be pregnant?

Advertisement