Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Could I be???

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭lonestargirl

If you had unprotected sex then there is always a chance you might be pregnant, many women have different length cycles and times of ovulation to the 'ideal' cycle. The only way to know for sure is to do a test. The 1st response ones are the most sensitive and using your 1st urine of the morning will give the highest hormone reading if you are pregnant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Kristineh

hi i just took a test there now using clearblue digital.. it says im not but then again i cant be sure when my period is due so maybe i should wait a few weeks:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

1 week after sex may be a bit too early to tell, wait another week or two and then test.

you think i should wait another week or so? me and my boyfriend are going out of our minds although i nearly had myself convinced that i was pregnant and ive spent days on the internet trying to find out information..

Well it takes a fertilized egg approx. 6-12 days to implant in the uterus and only when it implants does it secrete HCG (the hormone that the HPT detects to confirm pregnancy). So at 1 week it may be a little early. Even a couple more days may do it.

Are you trying to get pregnant?

• Advertisement

Hi no im not trying to get pregnant but i think i might be. even though its only been about 12 days since unprotected sex i feel differnet but maybe its all in my head as i said i took a test yesterday but it was neg... i think my period is due around now this week. im only 22 and i have only been with my boyfriend less than a year i dont think he is ready 4 a baby yet!

Kristineh wrote: »
    Hi no im not trying to get pregnant but i think i might be. even though its only been about 12 days since unprotected sex i feel differnet but maybe its all in my head as i said i took a test yesterday but it was neg... i think my period is due around now this week. im only 22 and i have only been with my boyfriend less than a year i dont think he is ready 4 a baby yet!

Ok, so, there is still the possibility that you are pregnant, if you are don't worry. I was 20 when I found out I was pregnant on my first daughter, 21 giving birth, 22 when I found out I was pregnant on my second and giving birth too. It's not the end of the world, believe me, although I thought it was at the time!

Myself and my partner had only been together a year when I got pregnant and we are still together now.

Like I said, it takes 6-12 days for an egg to implant and then another 2 or so days for the HCG hormone to show up in your urine, and the symptoms for pregnancy and periods are very similar. You could be pregnant, then again you could not be.

There is lots of support out there for crisis pregnancies, www.positiveoptions.ie gives free, non-judgemental advice to both pregnant women and their partners in this scenario. If you are pregnant it would be worth contacting them for advice.

If you are NOT pregnant, you need to get yourself to a doctor ASAP and get yourself on proper birth control, there are lots out there, the pill, depo provera (the injection), Implanon ("the bar", it's inserted in your arm) or an IUD (The Mirena or the Copper Coil, see www.wellwomancentre.ie). You also need to use condoms while using another form of birth control if you do not want to get pregnant.

the reason i was not on birth control is bacause i was takeing medication for my skin... Minocycline tablets to clear up acne and the soctor says i could not take both. I had been on the pill since i was 17 and came off it in June 2009 to start the other medication. I really dont think its a right time to be pregnant but if i am i will take it in my stride. my partner has just been laid off work so he s taking that quite hard.. if i am pregnant it will knock him for six but im sure he will come around to the idea. i have lots of pains in my lower stomach today and have went to the toilet to check had my period come but all it was was very white discharge.. i wonder is it on the way or pregnancy>???

• Registered Users Posts: 22 JustPassinThru

I am trying to decide if I will do a test or not. My period was due 5 to 10 days ago (sometimes my cycle is 28 days and longest since i have been checking is 33) - last few days I keep thinking my period is starting - keep seeing faint signs when I check but then nothing. Is so frustrating - I want to test but then I feel like my period is about to start so I don't.

I have a test (two actually) - but if I test and get a 'not pregnant' and then my period starts soon I will be more upset than if I just waited. Especially if it is like an hour later or something.

I keep telling myself I am not - I feel too 'periody' and I was working a lot last week so I think that may have delayed it starting.

I know - I won't actually know til I do a test...but every month I tell myself I won't test and I do and it is always no...so I am reluctant!!

Sorry - just wanted to vent. If I told that to anyone who isn't TTC they would think I was mad!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

Hey Justpassinthru,
    I remember when i got my positive ( which unfort ended in M/C) i really felt like my period was coming, i think alot of people say that thats how they feel! But as u said urself u wont know until u do a test! i never last past day 27 of a 28 day cycle without testing and even thats a huge struggle!! Best of luck, I really hope u get a positive, x

• Advertisement

I decided not to wait any longer...did a test - and got a negative. :(
    Have no idea what is going on with my period now - it will prob start now that I know I am not pregnant. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

If ur period hasnt come in a couple of days, do another test but use the urine from ur first pee of the day, as it apparently has the highest levels of hcg in blood for the day. Sometimes cycles to crazy things so try not to get disheartened, its not easy TTC :(

Thanks DublinLady...I am not as upset this time as I thought I would be - some months are easier than others I guess!! Am trying to stay positive!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

Hi Guys

My period is not due for another week but have been feeling discomfort and different for the past 5 days. Have a slight twinge in my lower left side and occassional nausea. I just feel different. What do you think? Am going to wait before taking a test but would be interested to hear if anyone remembers feeling different so soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

I have always had a twinge on my left side each time I've been pregnant (on Megan and both mc's)

I've always suspected that I've been pregnant a week or so before because I go off tea pretty much as soon as sperm meets egg!

Keeping my fingers crossed for you :)

Thanks :) I'm still have a few days to go before I can test. Will post the result.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭Cat Melodeon

Grawns wrote: »
    Thanks :) I'm still have a few days to go before I can test. Will post the result.

Good luck Grawns - I'm in the same boat! We've been trying to make baby#2 for a few cycles now and I'm fairly sure this is it! Every month I can tell when I'm ovulating from the slight pings in that area, but this month I had a very strange sensation for the 2 days afterwards and this morning I had what could be an implantation bleed! I'm very excited, was starting to tell Mr Cat but he said he doesn't want to know until my period is officially late (spoilsport). So I'm probably heading to the chemist first thing in the morning and hopefully will have a very smug few days purring to myself while he sweats it out.

So did a test, it was positive, purred a bit, didn't say anything to hubbie, then got my period today. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

So did a test, it was positive, purred a bit, didn't say anything to hubbie, then got my period today. :mad:
    Huge hugs, I am so sorry.

Thanks Cathy. It's grand, it must have been a glitch (either me or the test). It's mad, I fell pregnant so easily the first time that I'm starting to put pressure on myself even though we've only been trying 3 months and seriously trying this month. I need to step back, check that my cycle is doing what I think it's doing and just enjoy it. Lots of cheap Asti and early nights prescribed for next month...

(hope all is progressing well for you x)

• Advertisement

That's rough Cat:(
    I took an early pregnancy test a few days ago and it was negative but no period yet - due now. I nearly went out to buy another today but am forcing myself to wait. Am in exactly the same boat as I got pregnant so easily first time and have only really been trying for one cycle now but have unrealistic expectations I guess :mad:

Am going to invest in ovulation sticks as oh is working awful shifts and it was causing tension me wanting sex every day for 10 days :o I think he felt like a stud in a puppy farm

No asti for me - red wine is my poison :)

Lots of luck to all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

I'm so sorry Cat, that is so frustrating after getting a positive result :( Hope you're ok x

Fingers crossed Grawns, I'm (2 days) late, tho not letting myself get excited as I've been late a lot in the past few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Ms2011

I’ll try and make this as short as possible.

I have quiet a long cycle usually around 40 days in between periods . My last period was at the end of Nov and I was due again around 19th Jan but I still haven’t had one. I wasn’t particularly worried about it as up until I came off the pill about 2 years ago I wasn’t really regular but since I’ve come off it I’ve been regular enough.
    On Jan 6th had a light reddish pinky discharge (sorry for the TMI:o) for a day and after reading about implantation bleeding I’m freaking out in case this is what it was. Normally on the run up to my period my breasts are very sore, I flinch at even the thought of anyone touching them but I didn’t get any of that before the Jan 6th bleed.
    I’ve being dieting since the start of Jan and have lost 6lbs, would that still happen if I was pregnant?. The only thing I’ve noticed besides not getting my period is that my stomach has been having kind of mild muscle spasms but I put that down to eating less and losing weight.
    My partner and I use condoms all the time but I guess nothing is 100%.
    I know the only way to know for sure is to do a test but I don’t know if I’m ready for the answer.:(
    Sorry for the rambling, just sort of freaking out at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 352 ✭✭Goldenegg

We have been trying past few months but to no avail.I got my period on sat but last night and tonight I've been suffering terrible nausea except tonight I just cannot stop throwing up!it's awful! This month I'm much heavier than normal with a lot more clotting (sorry if it's tmi) so I'm wondering is something up!

Here I go. :o Well yesterday I started my period on day 27 ( positive opk on day 17) or did I!

I only had very light breakthrough for a few hours and then nothing. Anyway I have these early pregnancy tests and I took one yesterday ( in case it was implantation bleeding) and it was negative but because my period went away I took a normal test last night and it had a very very very faint positive line! Not sure if I was imagining it.

Now totally confused as the normal tests ( I took another 2 this morning - 2 different brands) both showed a more faint positive but the early pregnancy tests are still negative.

I don't feel pregnant, I feel incredibly pre menstrual and crampy. I used an opk as a pregnancy test too and it was negative.
    I only have the negative testing extra sensitive tests left so will have to go to a pharmacy I guess.

Arrggggggggh!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

I always found the digital ones best as you got a definitive yes or no, they can be wrong too but if you get to be a week late they will not miss it no matter what time of the day or night you do them. They were accurate with our son at only 3 weeks but it took 5 weeks for our daugher to show up. Good luck!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Here I go. :o Well yesterday I started my period on day 27 ( positive opk on day 17) or did I!

I only had very light breakthrough for a few hours and then nothing. Anyway I have these early pregnancy tests and I took one yesterday ( in case it was implantation bleeding) and it was negative but because my period went away I took a normal test last night and it had a very very very faint positive line! Not sure if I was imagining it.

Now totally confused as the normal tests ( I took another 2 this morning - 2 different brands) both showed a more faint positive but the early pregnancy tests are still negative.

I don't feel pregnant, I feel incredibly pre menstrual and crampy. I used an opk as a pregnancy test too and it was negative.
    I only have the negative testing extra sensitive tests left so will have to go to a pharmacy I guess.

Arrggggggggh!

Oooh!

Were some of them blue ink and some red? The blue ink ones are more prone to the evaporation lines but you got a faint line on 3 different tests...

fingers crossed!

They were all pink but I feel so periody:confused: will go and buy a digital test I guess. Here's hoping

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

They were all pink but I feel so periody:confused: will go and buy a digital test I guess. Here's hoping

Fingers and toes crossed :D

• Advertisement

POSITIVE :D ( Forked out €20 for clearblue digital). Am thrilled and stunned.You guys are the 1st people I've told as my husband is at work and I want to tell him in person. Fingers and toes crossed for everyone and baby dust galore :)

Advertisement