Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€30 - 30days

Options
  • 21-10-2010 8:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭

Your challenge if you choose to accept it, is to come up with 30 dinners for €30. €30 excludes spices, salt, pepper ect. anything commonly found around most kitchens. A bit of variety would be great, and we'll presume you have an empty freezer for bulk cooking and freezing.

Any suggestions? Or is it pasta bake / shepherds pie alternating every night for a month?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65,502 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Your proposition is a bit lacking :)

Is it 30 separate recipes for a 1 person dinner, or maybe something like 5 recipes for a meal for 6?

If the former, I don't expect anyone to be bothered their backside responding. If the latter, I'll do you up some lovely and healthy meals for a euro a head :D

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭NewDirection

unkel wrote: »
    Your proposition is a bit lacking :)

Is it 30 separate recipes for a 1 person dinner, or maybe something like 5 recipes for a meal for 6?

If the former, I don't expect anyone to be bothered their backside responding. If the latter, I'll do you up some lovely and healthy meals for a euro a head :D
    Definitely the latter. Too much effort to be cooking 30 seperate meals.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

Noodles. Curry or chicken. Alternate days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Eviledna

After hours had a similar question recently.

Here is my input for the 20 euro in a week question.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭huskerdu

With a bit of imagination, there are loads of cheap, nutricious dinners to be had once you follow the basic rules ---

Use lots of vegetables especially seasonable veg which are cheaper
    Use small amount of good value meat ( chicken thighs, mince, pork chops, stewing meats like gigot chops and rib steak).
    Always cook from scratch - no bought sauces.

Haven't bothered pricing these meals in detaail

Pasta with tomato and garlic sauce
    Spaghetti Bolognese
    Tuna pasta bake
    Pasta carbonara

Omelette ( any filling you like)

Mixed veg stirfry with noodles ( flavour with soy sauce and garlic, or chilli, or other flavours for variety)
    Add a little chicken or pork to the above

Chilli with rice
    Mixed vegetable curry
    Chicken curry

Sheperds pie
    Home made lamb burgers

Lots of stews and casseroles (Chicken, beef, lamb, pork with root vegetables)

Roasted root vegetables

• Advertisement
Advertisement