Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do ugly people find other ugly people attractive?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Sheeps wrote: »
    You actually didn't fix my post. You ruined it. The model I described in my post is a model that fits everyone, regardless of whether they are attractive or not. A bargain being someone with lower self esteem than you indicates that the prize bargain still has value in that her self esteem is low enough for your bracket of attractiveness yet high enough that you're pulling above your weight.

If she has no self esteem there is less of an exclusivity about it and thus the bargain is depreciated seeing as people who are far less attractive are still in with a chance. So in the case I described the model fits all, where as by you fixing it, it kind of ruins the idea.

If however your post was intended to be some kind of witty jab at me in exchange for a bunch of people thanking your post then let me respond with: u rgay

It was more of a subtle hint to fix your personality. It works way better then preying on drunk girls.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,763 ✭✭✭Sheeps

Sardonicat wrote: »
    It was more of a subtle hint to fix your personality. It works way better then preying on drunk girls.
    I find that being a dick head to girls (scabbing cigarettes as a chat up line, stealing their drink and slagging them if all goes wrong) works best at picking up girls who are better looking than me because strangely it comes across as being confident. well, it does in most of the Harcourt St. area night clubs anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭Boxoffrogs

Teutorix wrote: »
    ''The birds and the bees''

End of discussion, I win :pac:

You can't use that as a defense, it almost makes it sound nice!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

h8scobes wrote: »
    nah but i mean sometimes i wud ride a bird that mighnt be like a complete babe but still has some features that i think are hot
    Don't worry kiddo - you'll lose your virginity some day...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

Dudess wrote: »
    Don't worry kiddo - you'll lose your virginity some day...

He sorta has,when him and the rest of the jocks were playing Cum Biscuit after their latest loss against Belvedere,the rest of them said it counts as sex when you lose and gobble up.Good man h8scobes!!

Sorry for feeding the troll........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

sometimes i wud ride a bird

Par exemple?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,763 ✭✭✭Sheeps

Sanjuro wrote: »

that actually looks like fun

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

All people are beautiful, /thread
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Nope, would be handy though, 'fraid we like hot gorgeous sexy people just like the beautiful good looking folk do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭jugger0

Gillington wrote: »
    Cum Biscuit

Its actually called soggy biscuit....

Yeah ive seen a few hideous looking couples around, and they have no qualms about mauling each others face off so i guess it makes sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

It's been shown in psychological studies that people go for/end up with people of equal attractiveness. I could expand further but I'm far too tipsy/not arsed to provide any decent data for this.

Rekorderlig for all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭Delicate_Dlite

CiaranMT wrote: »
    It's been shown in psychological studies that people go for/end up with people of equal attractiveness. I could expand further but I'm far too tipsy/not arsed to provide any decent data for this.

Rekorderlig for all!

I don't speak for all ugly ppl here, but I assure you the type I 'go for' {let's say fancy} and end up with are VERY different.

Also surely math has to some in to this somewhere, symmetry anybody?

An ugly person who lusts after attractive ppl *from the bushes*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭Pdfile

I don't speak for all ugly ppl here, but I assure you the type I 'go for' {let's say fancy} and end up with are VERY different.

Also surely math has to some in to this somewhere, symmetry anybody?

An ugly person who lusts after attractive ppl *from the bushes*

i find that i myself im not a good looking person but i have gonads made of diamonds,

Anybody can have Anybody and if anyone doesn't believe me, either they haven't tried or went about it the wrong way.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭Deus Ex Machina

Pdfile wrote: »
    i find that i myself im not a good looking person but i have gonads made of diamonds,

Anybody can have Anybody and if anyone doesn't believe me, either they haven't tried or went about it the wrong way.

So she can have him?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

that was not trolling. myself and h8scobes are part of an underground movement for cool kids everywhere to rise up on the internet and make it a cool place where nerds can no longer seek refuge.

beware, your time is limited.

I'd like to join your group. I've got poor impulse control and a touch of selfloathing.:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

"Theoretically" is an important word to add there.

Unfortunately, unrealistic. You can't honestly believe Brian Cowen could end up with, say, Adriana Lima. It's just not going to happen.

And not everyone can end up with just anyone, personalities differ massively, too. Also, the majority of people are superficial to at least a small degree and everyone has their limit. Not to say everyone's like that, but it'd be a bit naive to assume that most people aren't, whether they'd like to admit it or not.

It may not be a nice, fairytale story that makes you all warm and fuzzy and gives you hope that you'll find that supermodel who'll just love you for who you are, but it's realistic. Attractive people have more choice. They can probably find a person with a similar personality to yours who's just plain more attractive. No fault of theirs-- I'm sure anyone would do the same if presented with the same scenario.

Again, not the nicest thought.. but a realistic one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭h8scobes

i dont no i seen some of the lads pull some absolute stunners and these guys r not exactly brad pitt u know

i dont no i seen some of the lads pull some absolute stunners and these guys r not exactly brad pitt u know

And I can 100% guarantee that there's loads more stunners that they'd never have a hope with, simply because not everybody is compatible with everyone else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Chorizo

Bit of a silly question. By your reckoning men should be attracted to me.

Yes.

Also ugly and attractive people alike are repulsed by shallow pr*cks who just go for looks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cojomo2

kids don't count.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cojomo2

i I dontdon't noknow iI seenhave seen some of the lads pull some absolute stunners and these guys r are not exactly bBrad pPitt uyou know

that's better:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭h8scobes

ye hate to be a loser

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

liah wrote: »
    ".

Unfortunately, unrealistic. You can't honestly believe Brian Cowen could end up with, say, Adriana Lima. It's just not going to happen.

Money Talks.

Did you ever see Wayne Rooneys Missus?

She may not be Halle Berry, be she sure as hell aint Princess Fiona

snyper wrote: »
    Money Talks.

Well, I was talking about pure attractiveness, not monetary assets.

You know.. for us normal people, but using those examples for imagery's sake.

Gold diggers skew it a little bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

I love all forms of women......

......I've the restraining orders to prove it! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Noodleworm

Id say no, genetically everyone goes for the better looking people, what we find attractive is usually indications of fertility, or how well you can provide your your family. It all leads back the the subconscious desire to reproduce.

some people will just settle for less though

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 525 ✭✭✭Copper23

This is a weird one, and there are a couple of questions around it too.

Do ugly people find other ugly people attractive?

Do ugly people rate other ugly people's looks as higher than an attractive person would?

Do ugly people find attractive people more attractive than an attractive person would?

In my experience, as somebody who considers myself moderately attractive (pics or gtfo, hilarious) I would try to mate with people who are more attractive than I, or at least as attractive. I am taking personality out of the equation here, but I would also say that I would avoid mating with people whom I would consider ugly, as I am not attracted to them. Any thoughts on this?

Seriously? What a w*****r.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

snyper wrote: »
    Money Talks.

The thing about that is that they were together before he hit the big time. By all accounts they've been together since they were teenagers.

Why she is still with him boils down to the money thing though.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Max Hunter

Copper23 wrote: »
    Seriously? What a w*****r.

Is you ugly? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Kimono-Girl

Terry wrote: »
    The thing about that is that they were together before he hit the big time. By all accounts they've been together since they were teenagers.

Why she is still with him boils down to the money thing though.

+1...

op as for the whole do ugly people find other ugly people attractive, probably but then define whats 'ugly'?

everyone has different tastes and different styles. tbh it's like asking "am i normal?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Teutorix

Money is sexy no matter who you are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Simple answer to simple question;

Everyone likes attractive people. That is why attractive people normally pair off. They are in the same league, as it were.

All the fuglies then have to make do with each other, but if they actually had a shot at a looker they would be in there like rats up drainpipes.

Advertisement