Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ballet Flash Mob

• 21-10-2010 9:38pm
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 328 ✭✭

Hi

Im a 3rd year photography student and I'm doing on project on ballet dance in ordinary places, such as train stations, supermarkets, O Connell Street ect ect.

They idea is to not only capture the graceful dance but to capture the curios reactions of the public too.

I can't pay but would be willing to do head shots.

You don't have to be a ballet dancer per say but it would help.

If you can give me any info or advice that would be cool too.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭MsHarlotDeVille

I'm intrigued by this and could put you in touch with other dancers,if you like?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Hey OP, I love the idea. I did ballet for near 16 years and still love everything to do with it. If you were going to individual shots of the dancers in their ordinary places, I'd encourage you to look for experienced ballet dancers. They can be the most beautiful subjects. Check out the The Ballerina Project, based in the NYC & Boston and has stunning photos.
    I feel that with dancers inexperienced in ballet, it would show that there is no ballet training. It's so specific so if you could get some experienced in ballet, it would make for a more beautiful picture.

You could try contacting ballet schools. There's usually loads advertised on the notice board in Dance World, Parnell St, Dublin.

Advertisement