Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Construction site in Killiney/Shankill

Options
  • 21-10-2010 9:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭

there is a large construction site in killiney/shankill that you can see from the top of Killiney Hill, anyone know what it is? My wife suggested a power station, but I can't believe they would build one there.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

I think it has to do with sewage.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,506 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Its a waste pumping station. however the have put in settling tanks and associated works and the construction is considerably bigger than resident were informed of. I believe it will be a full treatment plant by the end

• Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

it's a waste water treatment plant. Being built to the spec as per planning permission. So no idea whew people will be surprised. I'm living in bayview and think it's a great thing them again i spend my free time kite surfing so put a high value on clean water.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,506 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

the smell is also very strong off it at the moment at times, I wonder what it'll be like once finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

I think it has to do with sewage.
    there was always a sewage works there they are building on to it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

aah, a sewage works, that makes sense.

thanks.

Advertisement