Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you drink crap or quality beer?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Miller is piss? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

DVD-Lots wrote: »
    Love it!!! Kudos to english ales, proper ones mind, not ure newcastle brown shee-ite. y.

Agree, I really need to start trying out a lot more :p That said even the main brands are nice, like Courage Best. Also had a really nice one in Cardiff Brains Bitter was very nice, would go back to Cardiff for that alone :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

weiland79 wrote: »
    Do you put the slice of lemon in the Kristal?

Never have been given it, and wouldn't anyway, I don't like lemon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

I just gave my brother a taste of the Gulden Draak. He made a face and nearly spat it out. Ha. Philistine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

Ive been Tuborg lately. Ive downgraded from heineken but it still gets me pissed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

Cans of tuburg and pints of heineken. Some might argue that tuburg is piss but I always thought it tastes like a high quality beer plus it's cheap. I like my beer to taste like a plain and simple beer, not like a beer with an extra taste or twang.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭weiland79

Never have been given it, and wouldn't anyway, I don't like lemon!

Yeah fruit doesn't belong in beer except maybe in Desporados or Corona to mask the awfulness,But it is how it is drank in Germany.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Lollymcd

I'd drink anything, I'd prefer something nice like Erdinger - the winter one, can't remember it's name - all the German Wheat beers give me a really bad headache, regardless of how much I drink...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Spent the summer in belgium, can't get back into heino and what not now. Did a bit of pre-drinking in a mates apartment last week, myself sipping the Duvel whilst everyone else was jugging dutch :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Teutorix

Actually now that i think of it, I had really nice beer in alsace, cant remember the name. Didnt get to enjoy it much though because my mates topped it up with shampoo, i was hiccuping bubbles for an hour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭weiland79

Lollymcd wrote: »
    I'd drink anything, I'd prefer something nice like Erdinger - the winter one, can't remember it's name - all the German Wheat beers give me a really bad headache, regardless of how much I drink...

But Erdinger is a wheat beer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

OPENROAD wrote: »
    Is there a reason for this? We always hear the hype about the "Irish pub" being the best in the world :confused:

The selection of beers on tap is awful.

Publicans seem to be fairly unadventurous as do a good percentage of the punters.

Plenty pubs have never heard of something as common as Budvar.

It's a pleasure to come up to town and have some quality beers in The Porterhouse or Bull and Castle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Lollymcd

weiland79 wrote: »
    But Erdinger is a wheat beer.

I know... I suffer for the cause!!!

Publicans seem to be fairly unadventurous as do a good percentage of the punters.

My local is kind enough to keep a supply of Erdinger and Paulaner on tap. It's the only good beer in the place. Admittedly, my usual was always Beck's before I saw the light.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭mudokon

DVD-Lots wrote: »
    Love it!!! Kudos to english ales, proper ones mind, not ure newcastle brown shee-ite.
    OPENROAD wrote: »
    Agree, I really need to start trying out a lot more :p That said even the main brands are nice, like Courage Best. Also had a really nice one in Cardiff Brains Bitter was very nice, would go back to Cardiff for that alone :D

You should check out the Hop Back Brewery beers.

mudokon wrote: »
    You should check out the Hop Back Brewery beers.

Pfft. Tactical Nuclear Penguin.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭moonage

Beer is beer and it all tastes pretty much the same to me.

Anyway, I'm not drinking if for the taste. I don't see the point of paying two or three times as much for some fancy beer.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

nlgbbbblth wrote: »

Plenty pubs have never heard of something as common as Budvar.

It's a pleasure to come up to town and have some quality beers in The Porterhouse or Bull and Castle.

+1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

moonage wrote: »

Anyway, I'm not drinking if for the taste. I don't see the point of paying two or three times as much for some fancy beer.

you need to try a few more

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

You're not drinking for the taste? Its about gettin hammered, right

• Advertisement

Drowning your sorrows eh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

When we have the money I like buying a box of Budweiser and keeping it in the fridge don't usually get cheap beer unless we are going to a friends house for a party or barbecue and need a good bit but don't have the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,783 ✭✭✭KungPao

Well being a true connoisseur, I tend to go for Bavaria.

Sheer excellence.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭shovel

KungPao wrote: »
    Well being a true connoisseur, I tend to go for Bavaria.

Sheer excellence.

+1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I can understand coffee snobs to a certain extent but beer snobs????

It all goes out the same way regardless of what you drink.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭moonage

You're not drinking for the taste? Its about gettin hammered, right

I drink for the effect (like everyone else), which sometimes involves getting hammered.

It makes me laugh that some people think they mainly drink alcohol because of the taste.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Misanthrope

Samuel Smiths Organic Ale

Longtrail IPA

Sierra Nevada Summerfest Lager

Whale Tale Pale Ale

All very tasty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

If I buy bottles I usually opt for the following if available:

Tsingtao

Leffe Blonde

Peroni

Maisel's Weisse

London Pride

because I like them, but I often drink cheaper stuff like Heineken, Becks, Stella and Lech too. Also try whatever new is in Lidl and Aldi too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Erdinger

Advertisement