Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you drink crap or quality beer?

1234568»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Coopers sparkling ale from O'Briens (Australian beer)
    Simply Superb!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭The After Hours Troll

Lads the best job is a few bottles of Schooner wine. Priced between 3.50 and 4 euros a bottle. 17% alcohol content. Far cheaper than Buckfast.

Mix it with 7up etc if you don't like it raw. Anyone one bottle of this stuff and your set for the night.

More than 1 and it's memory loss, plus lots of falling around into things. I speak from experience..:P

Lads the best job is a few bottles of Schooner wine. Priced between 3.50 and 4 euros a bottle. 17% alcohol content. Far cheaper than Buckfast.

Mix it with 7up etc if you don't like it raw. Anyone one bottle of this stuff and your set for the night.

More than 1 and it's memory loss, plus lots of falling around into things. I speak from experience..:P

Jaysus sounds good :eek::eek:!

Where can I buy it???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Thanks for the tip chief, I wouldn't have guessed that more than one bottle of 17% wine would make me very drunk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭consultech

I discovered Hoegaarden with half a slice of lemon, served in a wide, frosted, thick-glassed pint glass there a couple of weeks ago. Amazon.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Confab wrote: »
    Well? Do you? I used to drink piss. Bud, Carlsberg, Heinken, Miller, I used to drink them all. But I've had an epiphany.

Most beers aimed at the Irish market are piss.

So I decided to start drinking the good stuff. Gulden Draak and Delirium Tremens/Nocturnum, Chimay Red/Blue, champange... it just makes drinking more pleasant. Gone are the days when I'd try to swallow the dregs of a warm Pisswater and gag violently, thinking someone had violated my pint with their urine. Now beer actually tastes nice.

Who's with me? We're supposed to be one of the biggest drinking countries in Europe and we have the taste in alcohol of a sixteen year old French teen drinking Corona near a puddle. Without the lime.

Edit: Am imbibing Gulden Draak at the moment. Oh dear god is it good.

Good man yourself!

Salesman for the beer companies ,are you?

Cop yourself on buddy, the beers you mention are priced off the scale, daylight robbery, aimed at producing a 'beer snobs' agenda.

Most of the low priced beer on the Irish market is perfectably drinkable, it's only people like you, who obviously have another agenda, try to diss. that.

We are not idiots buddy, go shill your product elsewhere:mad:

Good man yourself!

Salesman for the beer companies ,are you?

Cop yourself on buddy, the beers you mention are priced off the scale, daylight robbery, aimed at producing a 'beer snobs' agenda.

Most of the low priced beer on the Irish market is perfectably drinkable, it's only people like you, who obviously have another agenda, try to diss. that.

We are not idiots buddy, go shill your product elsewhere:mad:

I agree with some of what you say, esp pricing.
    BUT.....
    Most of the low priced beer on our market is crap! Some of it one notch above warm goats pee, or muddy puddle water.

Dutch Gold, Bavaria, (cans)
    Miller, Bud and some of that other nasty stuff available from newagent corners!

Its crap man!

And far from a snob am I!

Perlenbacher, 6 x 500ml bottled for 6.29 from Lidl anyone? yummy !:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Gucky wrote: »
    I agree with some of what you say, esp pricing.
    BUT.....
    Most of the low priced beer on our market is crap! Some of it one notch above warm goats pee, or muddy puddle water.

Dutch Gold, Bavaria, (cans)
    Miller, Bud and some of that other nasty stuff available from newagent corners!

Its crap man!

And far from a snob am I!

Perlenbacher, 6 x 500ml bottled for 6.29 from Lidl anyone? yummy !:D

How about Perlenbacher at €4.29 for six recently at Lidl
    How about Kaiserdom 6 x.500 for €6.36 in Dunnes... try it Excellent brew 4.8%
    Karpackie 4x.500 for a fiver. Most Supermarkets

Primus/Cobra/Asahi/grolsch etc all good value as is Oranjieboom and Stella

Not keen on Bavaria/Dutch G/ Pratzky/Stoya.

No need to pay more than approx €2.50 a litre for nice beer .

Anything above that is a focking rip off, designed to bring out the snobbery latent in some of us:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Misanthrope

Step up to the Jagermeister if it's blackouts you're after.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,894 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

How about Perlenbacher at €4.29 for six recently at Lidl
    How about Kaiserdom 6 x.500 for €6.36 in Dunnes... try it Excellent brew 4.8%
    Karpackie 4x.500 for a fiver. Most Supermarkets

Primus/Cobra/Asahi/grolsch etc all good value as is Oranjieboom and Stella

Not keen on Bavaria/Dutch G/ Pratzky/Stoya.

No need to pay more than approx €2.50 a litre for nice beer .
    Anything above that is a focking rip off, designed to bring out the snobbery latent in some of us:rolleyes:
    good post.

and an especially good tip about the Kaiserdom. Its a hidden jem amongst the sh1t that is passed off as quality beer in supermarkets in Ireland. (well, its still not super duper, but its definitely savage value for money)

I think the point of the OP wasnt to get people drinking 5 euro bottles of limited edition Belgian trappist beer, but that people simply drink whatever schlop is heavily pushed on the telly and there is better out there at all price points.

Anyhow, my quote of the week is from the Heineken Website about their draught beer:
    "The most important constituent of Heineken Beer is the bubbles"

Bubbles? Bubbles?
    I cant even be arsed to go on a rant.
    But it shows you the marketing behind flogging commercial fizzy pop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

consultech wrote: »
    I discovered Hoegaarden with half a slice of lemon, served in a wide, frosted, thick-glassed pint glass there a couple of weeks ago. Amazon.

Just had a few pints there. Epic.

Advertisement