Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PCOS - how hard is it to get pregnant

Options
  • 21-10-2010 11:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Hi,

My cousin has pcos on both ovaries. She is in her mid 20's and is dying to get pregnant. She had a miscarriage last year. Her doctor has put her on Clomid for 6 months. Just wondering has anyone else gone through this and how they got on. She is really down at the moment and my hearth goes out to her. Where can she go for some help!!!!

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭cinderella2010

I am 30 have PCOS and endo and it took me 18 months and I just confirmed my first pregnancy today - I had been to my GYN only on Wed and he was sending me for a scan/xray to see if there were blockages

I watched my diet got exercise and plenty of rest ....got ovulations sticks however I never had a positive ovulation result until yesterday however I also had a positive pregnancy result

my next step was clomid but I was lucky and conceived

I think its a lotto - and as my OH says so many things have to be right to make it happen and so many things can go wrong -

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 purple123

Hi Cinderella2010,

Thanks for replying, congratulations on your positive result ye must be over the moon i hope it all goes well for ye. She is a good bit over weight and has tried to loose weight in the past but never really gets anywhere. Now that she has found out she has pcos she will be more determined. Take care and best wishes :)

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭ilovefridays

I am 30 have PCOS and endo and it took me 18 months and I just confirmed my first pregnancy today - I had been to my GYN only on Wed and he was sending me for a scan/xray to see if there were blockages

I watched my diet got exercise and plenty of rest ....got ovulations sticks however I never had a positive ovulation result until yesterday however I also had a positive pregnancy result

my next step was clomid but I was lucky and conceived

I think its a lotto - and as my OH says so many things have to be right to make it happen and so many things can go wrong -
    hi cinderella, congratulations to you;)
    i too have PCOS, can i ask - did clomid work the first month for you?

i done my first month on clomid nearly two weeks ago, went back a week later for the scan, and was told there was 2 mature follicles, a few days later i had to take an injection to release the eggs from the follicles, i was told to take preg test 14 days after the injection. im due to take preg test this week, fingers and toes crossed. i really hope it works for me too.
    pcos can be so stressful for everyone involved.

Advertisement