Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best place/shop to buy computer parts IN DUBLIN?

Options
  • 21-10-2010 11:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭

I just have to buy 2 hard disks and probably in near future new AMD processor. And I wonder if there is any way to buy them "traditional way" in some cheap shop in Dublin (+10km) or it's bollocks and only internet buying makes sense?
    Any ideas/thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭uberpixie

zom wrote: »
    I just have to buy 2 hard disks and probably in near future new AMD processor. And I wonder if there is any way to buy them "traditional way" in some cheap shop in Dublin (+10km) or it's bollocks and only internet buying makes sense?
    Any ideas/thoughts?

Internet pretty much....

Peats and PC World (Maplins by default have their prices set to "total ripp off") have the odd bargain sometimes (or the odd mis priced item:rolleyes:) but usually it's a case of "I will buy in store X as when I add in shipping for the internet site Y the price difference is only €20 and I need/want it now....."

This approach is fine if it is for a once off, when you are buying a couple of parts, a couple of quid extra per part adds up very quickly even Vs shipping for online stores.

For a big build, online wins hands down.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

zom wrote: »
    Any ideas/thoughts?

Both Komplett and Elara have pick up points in Dublin where you can collect orders placed online.

Of course if it is the ordering online part that you object to then this won't be much use to you. :)

Advertisement