Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Menswear shop in town???

Options
  • 21-10-2010 11:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

ideas??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭WillyWaggler

Topman?

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭connollys

prob Born, but Menswear in Galway is absolutely awful in general.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭philbo

http://www.asos.com/

http://www.forever21.com/21men/default.asp

http://www.selfridges.com/en/Menswear/

etc....

I avoid buying anything in the shops in town. The amount of extra money we pay for just being in Ireland is ridiculous. Check the conversion of the euro and sterling prices on display in most of the British stores. Huge rip off to buy in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

Brown Thomas menswear has some nice stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭eagle10

For me it has to be Anthony Ryan's

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭swe_fi

live4life wrote: »
    ideas??

There is no "one-stop-shop". It depends completely what sort of clothes you are after also. Are you after Casual / Streetwear / Fancy stuff / Jeans ?

Born USED to be nice when they opened but now its all Jack and Jones

I could say that BT is nice if you can afford it but is generally quite overpriced and lagging in terms of fashion trends / season

Overall the selection is poor but if you spend a couple of hours scouring the shops you will sometimes find the odd nice piece.

I find a lot of the clothes in shops to be quite skangery with like a big stupid print all over a hoodie or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭McTigs

Shopping for guys clothes in galway is a serious headache.

I personally can't stand the Ralph Lauren/Gant/Tommy Hilfiger look, so boring and drab.

I can't stand big logo stuff either and skangery stuff is just, well, skangery.

Depend what you are looking for i guess. They have nice Paul Smith and Penguin gear in BT. Looks very smart.

If you are willing to spend the time rooting you can find really nice stuff in TK Maxx.... but i usually end up wandering off to the kitchen ware section.

BT's or Hanley's.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,967 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Vincent de Paul, Merchants Rd.

Or if you wanna go upmarket, Pennys.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Gingganggooley

connollys wrote: »
    prob Born, but Menswear in Galway is absolutely awful in general.

+1 on this.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14 live4life

I have to say, I would have agreed before but becasue I haven't been in there in a while but BT's had some good stuff - they've got in some new brands Scotch & Soda, Farah and Penguin which are really cool. I was also surprised how cheap these brands were - the dearest thing was a coat in Scotch & Soda for €220. Very preppy. They have Ted Baker too.

Anyone else any thoughts? I agree I hate RL/Gant/Tommy look.

Advertisement