Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom what the hell up

• 22-10-2010 12:38am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,318 ✭✭✭

Hi just notice my eircom broadband gone slower im suppose to be getting 3mb .I just check my router after doing a speed test and said my max line speed 1150mb download and my upload normal 310kp.It was normal last night got 2654mb doing a speed test so what hell happen anyone know and also line stat change from 24lb\15 to 25lb\15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,318 ✭✭✭rob808

my max line speed on my router was always the 3mb and the real max my line can do is 5mb because i found that by ringing eircom ages ago .This just happen out of the blue now it a 1mb line strange a well have upc broadband soon in few weeks . I tell eircom im cancelling my broadband soon .It goes to show our copper network feeling the strain and can't handle higher speeds.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Chaos Marine

Eircom are updating their data exchanges and some people are getting shafted with near dial up speeds if it even works. I've had people coming to me with routers complaining that they're not working properly any more and that since August or September their connections are really, really slow.

After waiting almost three months for Eircom to get their gear together I switched over to Nova Networks and now I'm in a squabble with Eircom about having to pay for the last three months even if the performance I was getting was not even close to being sub par at best.

Either switch ISP companies or wait it out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,318 ✭✭✭rob808

Eircom are updating their data exchanges and some people are getting shafted with near dial up speeds if it even works. I've had people coming to me with routers complaining that they're not working properly any more and that since August or September their connections are really, really slow.

After waiting almost three months for Eircom to get their gear together I switched over to Nova Networks and now I'm in a squabble with Eircom about having to pay for the last three months even if the performance I was getting was not even close to being sub par at best.

Either switch ISP companies or wait it out.
    Nah not waiting it out but going to have untill upc broadband is ready in my area if they werent i would have no choice but be stuck with eircom since other isp are just resellers but thanks for letting me know.

Advertisement