Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trouble receiving Channel 4 and E4

Options
  • 22-10-2010 1:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭

Anyone else having the same trouble,
    usually these 2 stations are grand but for the last 2 days, i'm just getting static.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Saila

No its crappy reception alright but its still watchable and actually tonight it only a bit grainy! :D it was ALOT worse yesterday watching THE| EVENT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Saila

now they are gone completely, and discovery has joined the party too :rolleyes: :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

they always seem to be on very sensitive frequencies, both on sky & on ntl/upc.

we always had a poor signal on those 3 channels when we had ntl cable and it's the same now we have sky.

we actually used to get a clear signal until the neighbours got sky in and the installation engineers just put a quad LNB on our dish and seemed to have nudged it off kilter a tiny bit.

we didn't notice for a while as we don't normally watch those channels that much and by the time i got round to calling sky about it, they were going to charge me something stupid to get an engineer out to fix it so we've just done without since then.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭emanresu

vibe666 wrote: »
    we actually used to get a clear signal until the neighbours got sky in and the installation engineers just put a quad LNB on our dish and seemed to have nudged it off kilter a tiny bit.

we didn't notice for a while as we don't normally watch those channels that much and by the time i got round to calling sky about it, they were going to charge me something stupid to get an engineer out to fix it so we've just done without since then.

You should read this thread in the Biz > Consumer > Consumer Issues Forum:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056093721

emanresu wrote: »
    You should read this thread in the Biz > Consumer > Consumer Issues Forum:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056093721
    thanks for the tip, will do. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

If the dish was originally yours then the installer that connected your neighbour to it has stolen your property!

Also be aware that home insurance will be invalidated by connecting two houses to one sky dish!

You should ring sky and insists they replace your lnb as it is probably faulty now after a power surge. Your neighbour will also need their own sky dish. You should cut their connections off immediately to avoid any further risk to life or property.

foggy_lad wrote: »
    Also be aware that home insurance will be invalidated by connecting two houses to one sky dish!
    i'm actually thinking of cancelling my account and signing my wife up as a new customer to get the €150 cashback deal on SkyHD. when they come out to install it, i'll insist they put up a separate dish and that it's properly aligned.

thanks for the help tho, that insurance thing is pretty major.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭lempsipmax

I sometimes have trouble with this group of channels also. If you have a portable landline phone stand nearby, switch it off and see if it improves the reception.

Advertisement