Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't hate SGU

Options
  • 22-10-2010 2:54am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭

To those saying i'm a hater because i post ratings :confused:

I'm not....as i've said before SGU is the only Stargate series i've watched start to finish, i never likes SG1 or Atlantis...too cheesy by far and poor acting. Whereas SGU is gritty and dark....which i like.

I post numbers as because as a watcher of the show numbers MATTER, becuase it determines if we'll see more seasons or not, i have my POV about the show as do others, if i see something wrong i'll comment same as if i like something.

So those who don't like my postings....you've got an option in your CP to block posts from a member, if that dosen't suit you then you can just just kiss my ass!

:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,590 ✭✭✭Tristram

FFS this hardly required a thread. Take some of your own advice and block users if being called a hater bothers you so much. It must do if you felt you had to create a thread. That or you're an attention seeking w*ore.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,474 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

To those saying i'm a hater because i post ratings :confused:
    That's not why I have you blocked. And a missing poll is not why I started a new thread:
    Bollocks...it's that nobody else gives a rats ass about this show, days would go by and there'd be no episode posting, btw...i've requested a forum mod to add a poll, i hate polls myself....the options are always dross.
    That's it lads, game over...RIP SGU:

Thats why. It's your attitude. It;s an insult to everyone on this forum when you mock the activity in here for one thing. As for the other I don't mind someone criticising the show but to dart around telling us not to bother its all over bla bla bla is totally unnecessary, and it's Threadspoiling, to be frank. Especially when theres no supporting argument. Those ratings, as pointed out by Gareth and Gateworld, are not reliable enough to be accepted at face value as scripture.

I don't have a problem with all of your posts,
    I felt the directing by Carlyle was pretty bad, he chopped every up into snippets, very choppy editing and way of stroytelling. Aww..bless Chloe!, she got a storyline from the producers and a reason to be on the show....bless her pouty lips.

Twas an ok ep. but a bit to much of a spoonful of this and a dollop of that, tryna cram too much into one ep. But various plot points got moved on a little bit i guess, Rush gets more crazy as the series goes on.
    Constructive posts are constructive in that they support the conversation, not hinder it. It has nothing to do with kissing the show's ass. Thats the first time all season I've heard anybody mention the directing. More of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭Memnoch

Drama on the internet? I seemed to have missed it.

Look, just state your opinion and if people harass you either report them or ignore it. It's a discussion forum after all, we're here to give our opinions, not to be popular.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

Overheal wrote: »
    That's not why I have you blocked. And a missing poll is not why I started a new thread:

Thats why. It's your attitude. .

Thats very childish indeed, you double thread a forum for a show you claim to like simply becuase you didnt like the OP's attitude? So what happens if I dont like your attitude? Should I start my own pathogen thread... and what if someone doest like my attitude? another thread... grow up.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

The point, which I've made in other threads, is that the ratings for these shows are only one part of the story.

It airs on the most competitive night on TV, full stop.

This means that all ratings are going to be low for shows not on network television.
    However, SyFy knows this and they consider the Live +7 DVR figures.
    These ratings from +7 DVR viewings don't come out for a few months, and the major basis for most cable shows (especially SyFy) is how well the show performed overall.
    Most people will watch the network shows, record the cable show and watch it later.

So it's fine IMO to post ratings and make a comment, but every time saying something like "nail in the coffin" or "RIP" is excessive - no one can know that yet except the SyFy execs themselves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

This is a forum for posts about Stargate, not about individual posting styles. Take it elsewhere.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement