Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

This Is a Thread About The Recession

• 22-10-2010 4:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭

This is a thread about the recession. I don't use After Hours that often and I have less than 10 posts; therefore it has passed me by that in the last week twenty threads have already been started on a similar theme.

I open by saying that the country has gone to the dogs and that we're screwed.

In this paragraph I incoherently rant about a minister or any elected official and may include asterisks and exclamation points to visually display my anger. Bertie is a f************!!!!!!!!!

I now move on to rehash a fact from a newspaper inaccurately and out of context. Ireland's debt is 5 gazillion Mars bars.

In this paragraph I offer some spurious tidbit of gossip I have garnered from God knows where. My priest told me college fees are being introduced; my mum told me Cowen's salary is 5 million a year; my dog told me the Chinese are going to invade us in 2012.

We're getting to the crux of my argument now -- dole scum. I shout about how much people on social welfare receive, how I have to work three jobs and still don't get as much. I will also inevitably include the (falsified) example here of my neighbour who's on the dole but can afford an iPhone, or some other luxury that I myself cannot afford.

In my final paragraph I proffer some drastic course of action the country should take. We should all move abroad, we should shut down Ireland, we sell our grannies to cover our debt.

I sign off, once again stating that we're screwed, but at least I have made myself feel better.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭St._Andalou

In this comment I don't give time to read the opening post fully, but I call the OP various names in the hope of receiving thanks from other posters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭whatdoicare

What we should do is, using whatever is left of Irelands budget, give every man, woman and child in Ireland a million Euros. We all F**k off on a cruise for the rest of our lives and turn Ireland into a theme park or rubbish dump or whatever. Problem solved!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭policarp

Thanks St. Andalou.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

badly needed thread is badly needed

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,109 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

We have enough threads about the recession.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement