Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

burning smell this morning

Options
  • 22-10-2010 8:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭

passing by coogan park this morning shortly after 7 I got an odd burning smell. Did any one else notice it maybe it was a chimney fire

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭dolphin city

no but there was a very overpowering smell of gas around the dominick street area yesterday - was scared walking through it even.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I love the smell of napalm in the morning.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

no but there was a very overpowering smell of gas around the dominick street area yesterday - was scared walking through it even.

Did you ring Bord Gais about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭eagle10

biko wrote: »
    I love the smell of napalm in the morning.
    Ah classic line.
    Wasn't as sweet as napalm oddly enough it smelled likesomeone burning old shoes

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Did you ring Bord Gais about it?

nah, had no phone and was afraid to hang around the area. I'm sure one of the people who live there did it tho.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

nah, had no phone and was afraid to hang around the area. I'm sure one of the people who live there did it tho.

Unfortunately everyone else was sure that somebody else made the call, so nobody made the call becaue they all felt that it was somebody elses responsibility.

Pretty selfish attitude shown there.

Fey! wrote: »
    Unfortunately everyone else was sure that somebody else made the call, so nobody made the call becaue they all felt that it was somebody elses responsibility.

Pretty selfish attitude shown there.

how do you know that nobody made the call - psychic sally :D not everyone has a mobile phone glued to their body y'know - some people actually DON'T follow the crowds.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

As Bord Gais says themselves: Don't assume someone else has reported the smell :) If in doubt - 1850 20 50 50

But it was probably someone using their chimney for the first time after the summer.

biko wrote: »
    As Bord Gais says themselves: Don't assume someone else has reported the smell :) If in doubt - 1850 20 50 50

But it was probably someone using their chimney for the first time after the summer.

if Bord Gais wants to provide me with a phone to call them if I smell gas, then I will gladly do so - however I did not have a phone, and there was no phone boxes on the street and I was not about to go into one of the buildings that actually smelled of gas to look for a phone - now that would just be silly.

eagle10 wrote: »
    Ah classic line.
    Wasn't as sweet as napalm oddly enough it smelled likesomeone burning old shoes

its probably the remnants of burning tyres left over from a pre-halloween bonfire - ahhh the nostalgia of it all :D betcha that was it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

As the Bord Gais adverts on the television tell us, not to use light switches if we smell gas, I find it useful to always have a candle ready for use in such emergencies.

dilallio wrote: »
    As the Bord Gais adverts on the television tell us, not to use light switches if we smell gas, I find it useful to always have a candle ready for use in such emergencies.

:D:D:D:D:D its a good job I didn't light up whilst walking through all that gas yesterday so.

if Bord Gais wants to provide me with a phone to call them if I smell gas, then I will gladly do so - however I did not have a phone, and there was no phone boxes on the street and I was not about to go into one of the buildings that actually smelled of gas to look for a phone - now that would just be silly.

Thats some attitude let them give us all phones.
    Btw there is phone boxes on corner across from apache pizza.

Thats some attitude let them give us all phones.
    Btw there is phone boxes on corner across from apache pizza.

it was the other part of dominic street - up by the roisin dubh. and I had no change on me - I only carry fifty euro notes
    :p

it was the other part of dominic street - up by the roisin dubh. and I had no change on me - I only carry fifty euro notes

:p

The phone is about twenty steps away from the front door of the roisin dubh.

Next time you smell gas and you have no money and you are concerend you coul dial emergeny service for free 999 or 112!

The phone is about twenty steps away from the front door of the roisin dubh.

Next time you smell gas and you have no money and you are concerend you coul dial emergeny service for free 999 or 112!

assuming that phone hasn't been vandalised. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,041 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

assuming that phone hasn't been vandalised. :P

You have an answer for everything.:rolleyes:

You have an answer for everything.:rolleyes:

Many thanks!

Advertisement