Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom

Options
  • 22-10-2010 9:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭

I'm having an issue with Eircom at the moment and I'm wondering is it just me or is there customer service absolutely appalling. I'm amazed at how bad it is.Anyone else have issues with them?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Any particular issue that needs dealing with, or is this just a general rant?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

If you have a specific issue, then please outline it, otherwise I will merge this thread with the Best/Worst Customer Service thread

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭largepants

I knew this would happen. I actually had a big post made out and thought to myself that people don't need to hear this so I posted the above. Ah well here we go again.

I was with Perlico but a couple of months ago I was offered 8MB Broadband and phone for €46 pm. I set up the broadband and it was much slower than my original 3mb with Perlico.

Then I got my first bill for over €50 which included phone rental!!! I queried the bill and broadband and discovered that there was no 8mb broadband in my area. Cancelled straight away and received phonecall from Eircom apologising for their sales person mis selling me the package and said they would send out a full and final bill. I sent back their modem in the post. I had received a bill up for over €200 which obviously wasn't correct as it goes up to 12th November..

Now I don't have an issue in paying what I owe. I contacted them regarding the bill several times but could never get through. I ended up leaving two messages on their voice mail to get a call back and even asked for a call back on a specific day at a specific time. I got no call. I then had to resort to a couple of emails. Still no reply. I could not find any other way of contacting them. Eventually they cut me off.

I now have my phoneline up and running but my broadband is still disconnected awaiting set up by Perlico. I rang Eircom yesterday to explain the situation about me attempting to contact them regarding the bill and why my broadband was disconnected. Basically I was told that until I pay the €200 my broadband stays disconnected. I just could not get through to her that I didn't owe that much no matter what way I explained it. And she wouldn't let me speak to a manager to explain. I was not abusive.

So my last resort is to write to thei customer complaints department. I'm not expecting much.So thats about it. Hope thats not too slap dash.

Apologies if that post appears as one long monologue. The place I'm posting is is not that far advanced technology wise and I cannot seem to divide it into paragraphs.

Do you have a record of the calls made to eircom, and the call they made to you? Date/time and who you spoke to?

You should put all details in a letter and send it by registered post. Tell them what you did, who you spoke with and when, and a synopsis of what was said. Give them a time to resolve the issue (maybe 10 days) and tell them you will escalate it to Comreg after that if they don't reply satisfactorily.

What is certain is that eircom will not re-activate the broadband with Perlico until the bill is sorted out.

• Advertisement

Don't have exact times but do have dates in which I made contact.Are you serious about them not reconnecting my broadband? I was told yesterday by Eircoim that Perlico will not an issue in connecting my broadband. How come my phone is still working?

eircom do all connections, Perlico must ask eircom to do this. If eircom are showing an outstanding bill on that line, then they are not going to connect you with Perlico until that is sorted.

jor el wrote: »
    eircom do all connections, Perlico must ask eircom to do this. If eircom are showing an outstanding bill on that line, then they are not going to connect you with Perlico until that is sorted.

I wasn't aware of that. As mentioned earlier I don't have an issue paying but I won't be paying the full amount as it is not right. I feel I'm banging my head off a brick wall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

You are banging your head off a wall ringing any of these companies they view their call centres as moan lines. THey only take note when customers take the step of writing to them and make sure to use the heading "formal complaint".

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Even then these complaints sit on the desks of credit control managers, who don't actually man phone lines, then they just pass them onto the credit controllers that do man the phones, making it impossible to get through to them.

Yep, I'd say either ring sales and ask to be put through to credit control, or write to them.

• Advertisement
Advertisement