Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help getting to Dublin Marathon

Options
  • 22-10-2010 9:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭

Hi. Can anyone help? My brother in law (who lives down the country) is running the marathon this bank holiday Monday and is staying with me and my oh the night before as we live in Dublin (Dublin 15). However, there don't appear to be any buses or trains running that early in the morning. He needs to be at Fitzwilliam Place by 8:45am. I was thinking that I'd drive him in as close as I could but surely if there's no public transport then that's going to be a lot of cars all trying to get to the same place at the same time. Any ideas? I want to make it as stressless as possible for him.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭KC61

There are no buses/trains that will get there for 0845. The earliest bus is the 39 at 0815.

Driving would be the only option.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭duracell_bunny

Thanks. That's what I figured but thought I'd post up in case there was a solution I hadn't thought of!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭chinguetti

8.45 is leaving it a bit late with half that area closed off and there'll be major traffic.

He's also got to get through the bag drop and into start position so i'll get him in there for 8.30 at the latest.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭duracell_bunny

Thanks for that. It's his first marathon so he's not really sure either. I'll aim to get him there for some time shortly after 8am so.

Advertisement