Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Very Faint Lines

Options
  • 22-10-2010 9:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭

HI
    I have did two chealy dip test last night and one this morning - neither showed immediately but after a few mins a faint line appeared - the one this morning was slightly stronger but still faint
    I only just missed my period

Is this reliable as it too a few mins to show

has anyone experience this

Have been trying to conceive for over a year and do not want to get my hopes up

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Butterflylove

The same happened to me when I tested was so unsure had to send OH out for 2 other tests I got the clear blue digital ones and they came up with 1-2 wks I the took two, to make sure ;)

doctors one was just the same a week later when I went to comfirm took ages to come up started to think maybe my tests were lying lol

Maybe try one of the more expensive ones or just head over to your doctor for a blood test

Good luck!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Winnie

Same thing happened to me, I took the First Response test and got a very faint line but a line is a line, there would be no line at all if it didnt detect any of the hcg hormone. I done 4 tests in all to make sure and they were all positive! If you have a missed period and you are seeing a line, no matter how faint, chances are you are pregnant. But do confirm with doctor if you dont want to get hopes up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭cinderella2010

I will get a clear blue digi and a first response and do them tomorrow morning and we shall see

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

I only got the faintest whisper of a line on my first postitve test (tWas a cheapy one from the net). I did a first response after that (next day) and it was as clear as can be. Definitely get a first response test.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Is this reliable as it too a few mins to show

It taking a few minutes can be a false positive. We went with the digital clearblue after faint lines on a cheapy. It rules out any nonsense.

"pregnant"
    or
    "not pregnant".

You have to love simplicity. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭miss_shadow

a line is a line.

took me a few days to get my head around that one :pac:

:)

congrats!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭cinderella2010

Ok a few test later and all positive so I think its fair to say that yes I am up the duff

Cannot get my head around it- its mad

Advertisement