Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Now you know why a Zeiss scope cost so much.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭tac foley

Very interesting programme, and a great insight into what goes into the making of some of the best optics on the planet - in this case, the riflescope division.

More of interest is that Germany does not permit night-shooting with lamps or night-vision devices, as we do here in UK and also in the RoI.

The presenter, on the other paw, was an oaf, and his manner and scruffy appearance made me cringe with embarrassment for a good part of the entire video. To me it was like watching a beggar being shown around the Rolex factory. Quite what his German hosts thought of him is, thankfully, not something we will ever know.

tac

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

tac foley wrote: »

The presenter, on the other paw, was an oaf, and his manner and scruffy appearance I cringed with embarrassment for a good part of the entire video. To me it was like watching a beggar being shown around the Rolex factory. Quite what his German hosts thought of him is, thankfully, not something we will ever know.

tac

Ah Charlie Jacoby a presenter unto himself. Love him or hate him.
    He got the camo jacket given to himonanother epesode and must ware it on every programe now. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Interesting factory tour. A friend of mine has a pair of Zeiss rangefinding binoculars and they're truly spectacular to look through. I've got a set of his Leica 10x42s to test out this weekend which I might be acquiring and even with the built-in rangefinder, the Zeiss are clearer. It's stunning.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,025 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

tac foley wrote: »

The presenter, on the other paw, was an oaf, and his manner and scruffy appearance made me cringe with embarrassment for a good part of the entire video. To me it was like watching a beggar being shown around the Rolex factory. Quite what his German hosts thought of him is, thankfully, not something we will ever know.

tac

Ach just another eccentric Englander no doubt.:D
    Apart from a badly needed haircut of the ol mullet,he would have been somthing to lighten up a rather serious normal day in a German precision industry.
    In Germany Ve do too have a sense of der humor!!:D:D

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭fish slapped

Wer die scruffy englische Bettler lassen Sie??
    :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,025 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Wer die scruffy englische Bettler lassen Sie??
    :D:D

Wer hatt diesen Englishen Land streicher ins Zeiss werk reingelassen??
    Might be better:D:D

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

Good video, I would have thought it would have been a cleaner clean room, however it seems that the electro implantation seems to be the critical part of the process to make the glass good.

I love the concept of the indoor range using live rounds, as you can practice on moving targets without wounding, notice yer man shot all of the boar and deer low

Advertisement