Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on Rights please.

Options
  • 22-10-2010 11:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭

I'm sure its been asked a thousand times but I would very much appreciate your indulgence.

Wife bought a mobile phone yesterday for €130, I'd seen it online with the same co for €99 and in the sales catalogue its also priced €99, any possibility she can get the €30 refunded ? Marked up in shop at €130...

thanks..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

She has no legal right to a refund, as she agreed to the price at the time.

It's worth going back and making the case that there seems to have been a pricing mistake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

No. Online prices are often cheaper than in the shop, and as long as everything was priced correctly in the shop, and your wife was apparently happy to pay that, then there's no grounds for any refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭fatboypee

Thanks for replying.

Didn't think so, what made me query it was the brochure also indicated €99, not just the web.. T&C's on their website offer a credit note to the value if purchased within 7 days so worst case she can credit it buy it again at the lower cost and buy something else with the 30, or, another phone valued at the price she paid...

Thanks for the help.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

She has no legal right to the money back as she paid the price asked at the time of purchase. However, there's no harm in approaching the retailer with the other pricing and asking them to consider the refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭gerrycollins

dudara wrote: »
    She has no legal right to the money back as she paid the price asked at the time of purchase. However, there's no harm in approaching the retailer with the other pricing and asking them to consider the refund.

or maybe some freebies to the value? carry case, bluetooth etc? worth a shot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭djdunny

op did you get sorted today?? i was on lunch when your good lady called in.

Advertisement