Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game Dev Story

Options
  • 22-10-2010 11:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭

Picked this up on iPhone last night. Basically a sim game where you're in charge of a Game Developer, have to hire staff, choose your platform, type of game and all that. Thought I'd have a quick go last night and next thing I knew it was 2am. Really addictive and worth checking out. tis 3 euro on App Store I think. Really addictive, and a fair amount of depth to it.

Anyone else tried it and as addicted as I am to it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Is the game full of fake consoles and such because i want to make a Dreamcast game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

Varik wrote: »
    Is the game full of fake consoles and such because i want to make a Dreamcast game.

Yeah but you can tell which console is which. There's the Intendro IES and Game Box, and a there's consoles by Senga and Sunny aswell :P You can also make PC games but they're market share is small. you have to pay a licence fee for the consoles, but they have bigger market shares so you can potentially sell more games.

Pretty much every problem that real devs face pop up, similar games being released might affect sales. Picking a weird combo of game like a Ninja Puzzle game leads to smaller sales and all that, but if you keep making the same type of ames our fans (and staff) get bored and stuff. I'm hooked.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

I like the sound of that, is there a trial version available? (I'd check myself but I'll be borrowing the GF's ipod touch to play it :P)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

Not sure if there's a trial version, don't think there is, I didn't see one. I'd heard 'em talking about it on The Giant Bombcast and had seen it mentioned on Twitter a lot so I picked it up blind. It's really damn good though. It's one of the few times saying "Just one more game," actually means making a new game :P

• Registered Users Posts: 27,324 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Picked it up along with Phoenix Wright earlier today, the iPhone really is becoming a decent gaming platform.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭kickarykee

@super_furry:
    true!

I hope that at some point the Japanese game developers will start brining out their games for iphone in Europe, too.
    Square Enix has published so many cool games for mobile in Japan but so far none of them made it over here. The first one ever is coming here in January - ported and updated for Nintendo DS (Kingdom Hearts: Re: Coded)
    I'm really happy about that since I LOOOVE the KH games, but I'd also like to play that episode game they did for Dirge of Cerberus for example ...

• Registered Users Posts: 27,324 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I think I may have a problem here. It's simplistic, repetitive, the sound and music is awful and I can't stop playing. I'm on a quest to develop my own console.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Damn you NotorietyH, damn you! I was up til 3am last night because I thought I'd "give it a shot for a couple of minutes". Now I'm in work, completely shattered and trying to figure out which console I should concentrate developing for.

It's my Farmville addiction all over again. :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,478 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

NotorietyH wrote: »
    Picked this up on iPhone last night. Basically a sim game where you're in charge of a Game Developer, have to hire staff, choose your platform, type of game and all that. Thought I'd have a quick go last night and next thing I knew it was 2am. Really addictive and worth checking out. tis 3 euro on App Store I think. Really addictive, and a fair amount of depth to it.

Anyone else tried it and as addicted as I am to it?

I hate you. I really do. Over my last four waking hours, I've spent four of them playing this crack. Seriously, it's like it is being injected right into my veins. I keep on saying 'I'll just develop one more game...' and as soon as I know it it's three years, two sequels and two new IPs later.

I think I might have to hide my Ipod now.

Advertisement