Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Australian Masterchef

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,931 ✭✭✭✭Basq

WTF...
    Marian?

All bets are off!

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Sinemo

basquille wrote: »
    WTF...
    Marian?

All bets are off!

I know!!! Was in complete shock over it... :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭terlywerly

With
    Marion
    out of the competition, we'll be in for some interesting viewing. So annoyed that I know who wins it, but this elimination was a big surprise for me, was sure they'd go further in the competition!!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,420 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

i passed the eventual winner in the trainstation, the week after the final, took me a second to figure out who he was

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭morgana

Ey even giving away the gender isn't nice :P
    But was really shocked to see ***** go last night. Now it is getting really interesting from a competition point of view.
    My money is on one of the A's now :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

Love this show. It was shocking to see that person leave. The team challenge in many ways is unfair to the individual. The strongest contestant Johnaton was in an elimination yet the weakest Calum is enjoying a slap up meal. They should really take everything into account on these team challenges.

I hate the Masterclass.. but tonight's Masterclass has been laugh-a-minute.

Whether it's Gary and George commenting on calling Jonathan unpopular or calling Jimmy out on always cooking a curry. And then Adam and Callum are impersonating Gary and George, and even Matt.

Great craic!

Am hoping Callum wins tomorrow..

I nearly choked laughing at that Masterclass, some of the comments were fantastic, and then when Callum found the bone in the fish!
    Really enjoyed it tonight, and nice to see everyone back one last time, even the people I didn't like *cough* Joanne *cough* :D I'd say tomorrow night will be a good one!!
    What will we do without our Masterchef fix after tomorrow night?? :(:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭PaddyJules

I have to admit I cried when Claire was eliminated. She was so upset god love her. Even though I know who wins (unfortunately), I am so excited to watch the final. I Sky+ it every evening and then once I have the kids off to school the following morning, I settle down with a cuppa to watch it. Absolutely love it and I dont know what I am going to do with myself next week when it is all over. It will probably be back to the housework again !!

terlywerly wrote: »
    What will we do without our Masterchef fix after tomorrow night?? :(:eek:
    'Junior Australian Masterchef' just finished airing last month in Oz..

.. might give that a watch.

It's only 16 episodes though, and I expect Matt Preston to be on his "best behaviour" ("awwwww.. you made Rice Krispie Treats all on your own?! :)).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

As I don't have SKY I've been watching random episdoes of this round my sisters place (my niece who's only 7 is a total Masterchef addict!) Quite how they managed to string the format out so long beats me but its been entertaining. Won't see the winner tonight but no doubt said niece will tell me soon enough.

Gonna spoiler this as it reveals the result of the final (in case anyone has it Sky+'d):
    Congrats to Adam!

It was very close, but I was convinced Adam wouldn't get all 9's for that dessert. I mean Matt Moran got a snow egg snowball with half a melted twill from Adam - and gave him a 9. Yet he told Callum that he preferred his to Peter Gilmore's and he got an 8!

Ah well.. Callum looked chuffed with the opportunity for the scholarship with George.

Cracking final.. very tight and close to call!

It'll be back for another 3 and a half months come April in Oz... looking forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

I've been watching this as well.
    Delighted for Adam! I did find myself wanting Callum to do well in the end though...but I'd been rooting for Adam for weeks :D

I was getting worried when the crisp wasn't melting for him...though I still couldn't see him losing his lead entirely.

Callum's been given a massive opportunity with George...only 20 years old and he's been a finalist in Masterchef and now he's got a scholarship with George...that's some achievement!

George looked genuinely emotional when
    Callum came over and hugged him after he offered him the scholarship.

A really enjoyable finale night. I knew from a while back that
    Adam
    won it but I still really enjoyed watching. I was glad that
    Callum got offered the scholarship though, he's a really good chef
    If anyone hasn't seen it yet, the runner up has a blog/website that I've been enjoying reading and its updated very regularly!

Still the standout moment of the series..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

Finally caught up... have had to avoid this thread until then :D

Was glad the winner won although I was sure the third place would have come second... if that makes sense with no spoilers....

Really enjoyed the series, although I didn't enjoy the masterclasses as much as last series. Last series there were things on the masterclasses every week I would try and make and I didn't have that this series!

Seemingly there is a junior australian masterchef which was meant to have been really good, so hopefully they will start showing that now.

Not sure what to watch now that that its finally over...

I'm watching Junior Masterchef..

.. it's good, but they're a bit too nice!

e.g one kid ran out of time and didn't get something plated in the invention test.. and started blubbering. So they let him plate it.

I know they are kids.. but c'mon!

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭eamor

Hey folks,

I was ordering some books on bookdepository.co.uk. Gary & Georges book was out of stock...so I did a search of Georges older books...out of stock.. Matt Moran...out of stock...Maggie Beers...out of stock... :(
    I don't think they or indeed anyone expected it to be the juggernaut it has become...Roll on Masterchef 2011 :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

e.g one kid ran out of time and didn't get something plated in the invention test.. and started blubbering. So they let him plate it.

Is this also on Watch?

• Advertisement

Stheno wrote: »
    Is this also on Watch?
    No, don't think so actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭AEH1984

But they did this for Claire too when she was doing the Chef Challenge and she got flustered

AEH1984 wrote: »
    But they did this for Claire too when she was doing the Chef Challenge and she got flustered
    Did they? Can't remember that!

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭AEH1984

Yeah I think she was making Sushi and she was getting flustered so they gave her an extra ten minutes

Bump..

Watch are currently airing Masterchef New Zealand from Sunday - Friday at 7pm in the evening. Pretty identical format to Masterchef Australia.. but judges are not quite as likeable.

It only started last Sunday.. but I reckon it only aired weekly in NZ as they're getting rid of someone at the end of every episode.

So they're down to the final 10 this evening. But definitely worth a watch!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Masterchef seems to be the Top Gear of competitive cooking - gone global and the viewer is never more than 12 hours from an episode!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

UK version has been revamped to match the styling of the Aussie version. Will be interesting to see if Greg Wallace attempts a masterclass. Today I'll show you how to leer at the female contestants while making inappropriate comments..... Here's how we sell herbs....

Couldn't watch NZ Masterchef after I spotted Ready Steady Ross in the judging panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭PaddyJules

Couldnt agree more with you Minder. Loved Masterchef Australia. I am watching the New Zealand one but have to hide behide a cushion every time Ross speaks. Where would he be without an autocue?? Am looking forward to seeing the UK version but it will be a hard match for the Aussie one which was pure class.

It appears that every Masterchef has one annoying candidate - Joanne was the one in the Aussie version and Karen is the overall winner of this award in the NZ version. Get her out asap !!

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭UCD AFC

Delighted to hear the UK version is switching format as that is aired on channels I have with UPC :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Caros

I'm watching the NZ Masterchef too. Those judges don't hold anything back do they! Ya Karen is the one I want out too - the dramatics last night from the heat of the kitchen was oscar worthy!

Advertisement